Chapter 5

3rd person view

When Atsushi opened his eyes he noticed the sun shining through the window. He blinked and turned his head. Then he froze.

The white-haired male was back in human form, and (y/n) was curled up against him, still sound asleep. Atsushi regarded her for a second, afraid to wake her up.

She usually looks like a doll with her lack of expression, but now... She looks like a girl.

(y/n) seemed relaxed instead of cold. He features seemed softer and more gentle, and Atsushi realized how beautiful she was once more. A blush spread across the man-tiger's face and he tried to shuffle away to the side. He abruptly stopped when (y/n) made a sleepy sound and latched onto his arm.

"What do I do, what do I do?!", Atsushi whispered in a panicked tone.

He was afraid that if he startled (y/n) in any way she would use her ability. Dazai had warned him about it. She attacked in a reflex and on instinct. She wouldn't hesitate. That's why Atsushi never tried to touch her out of nowhere or startle her.

Atsushi flinched when his phone went off. Fortunately it wasn't in his left pocket, because (y/n) was curled up against his left side and was firmly holding onto his arm. Atsushi quickly grabbed his phone and answered.

"Where are you?", Dazai's voice immediately sounded. "You were supposed to be at the office half an hour ago."

"I'm sorry", Atsushi replied softly.

"Why are you whispering?", Dazai asked.

"(y/n) is still asleep, and... Really close to me", Atsushi answered.

"What do you mean 'really close to you'?", Dazai questioned. "I thought you slept in the closet."

"Yeah, but she asked me to sit down next to her last night", Atsushi explained. "I must have fallen asleep. She's holding onto my left arm and I don't want to wake her up."

"Fine", Dazai huffed. "Just come here when she wakes up."

"Of course", Atsushi answered.

The call ended and the man-tiger blew out a relieved breath. Then he felt something tickling his arm and very slowly turned his head.

(y/n) was awake, and Atsushi realized the tickling was caused by her eyelashes, which touched his arm when she blinked.

"Was that Dazai Osamu?"

"Y-yes", Atsushi answered.

(y/n) didn't show any sign of wanting to get up, so Atsushi gulped and decided to make the first move.

"Do you maybe... want to get up?", he suggested.

"No", (y/n) monotonously answered.

"O-okay then", Atsushi said.

He looked at (y/n), who seemed to be staring off into space. Her eyes were surprisingly clear. She seemed intelligent and aware of her surroundings, unlike usual. She seemed like a normal girl. Atushi averted his eyes and gulped again.

A beautiful girl is clinging onto my arm and we're laying in a bed... WHAT DO I DO?!

Atsushi gasped softly when (y/n) suddenly got up. She walked out of the bedroom without a word and Atsushi scrambled to his feet.

"W-where are you going?", he asked when (y/n) showed no sign of stopping when she neared the front door. "Hey, wait!"

Atsushi jumped in front of her, not wanting to let her leave. His breath caught in his throat when he saw her eyes. They were empty again, completely glossed over. Even more than when he first met her. It was like all consciousness and awareness had left her body.