Prolouge

A/N: There are like millions of these so please spare me if I mess it up

On October 31st, 1981, Lily and James Potter were away from their home, at Hogwarts. Hogwarts, the school they had grown up in and fell in love in. If not for the war going on around them, they may have stayed through the night with the comforting thought that one of their closest friends, Peter Pettigrew, was with their beautiful twins.

At the school they were enjoying tea with Albus Dumbledore. The school was no ordinary boarding school. It was a school that was filled with witches and wizards, children blessed by lady magic.

They came from all backgrounds. Magical parents and non-magical parents.

Albus Dumbledore was the headmaster of Hogwarts, yet he was so much more than just a teacher. He was the most powerful wizard and he had most of the wizarding world wrapped aeound his pinkie.

He had called for the two Potters, and they had mistakenly taken this for jist a friendly night. Their did not know that the war between light and dark would have them right in between.

There was a prophecy. Where it came from, Dumbledore wouldn't tell. But by the way he told it Lily and James couldn't help but believe every word.

Dumbeldore had straightened his posture and closed his eyes.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches..."

Lily held James's arm tightly.

"born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies..."

James looked away.

"and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not..."

Lily closed her eyes. Dumbledore looked down at his desk.

"and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives..."

Lily let out a strangled gasp.

"the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."

Lily let a single tear drip from her eye.

The old headmaster looked up, a twinkle in his blue eyes. He wanted nothing more than for the war to end. The dark lord, an old student of his. A man who never loved anything and only desired power. It was him ignoring the warning signs that led to this.

"This prophecy does not just define your children. It defines the Longbotton's child as well.." He said gravely.

"This is why you have been placed in hiding. We must hope that Mr Black, your secret keeper, does not stray the same way his family did." Albus concluded.

James stood up and slammed his hand on the desk.

"I trust Sirius with my life! He would never betray us! That's why.... That's why...." James looked to Lily. She looked up at him with horror in her eyes.

"That's why we didn't make him our secret keeper." James concluded slowly.

Dumbledore sat up straighter. "James what are you saying? Mr Black... He's not your secret keeper? I do not understand."

James shook his head and looked at the floor.

"We switched them. It's Peter. He's the keeper. He's with the twins... But he wouldn't..." James looked to Lily. Lily stood up.

"Back home. James we need to go back!" She said, grabbing his arm and quixkly beinging him over to the fireplace. There was floo power. It would enable them to travel back home to their manor much faster than going back to the near town to apparate.