greenie

Peep vu edit i tried to make above^, my vu @ currently is: @yungyosdos1

I stared at the balcony below me. It was painted silver in Greece pride. My brother and I had left the province to travel here in the Christian-filled country where their flags hung from their lashes proudly. My brother appeared beside me with a bottle of an alcohol-smelling substance, but I wouldn't question it. Although we were in somewhat public (a tiny, friendly community that Fredrick's friend invited us to) and he was only 17- Fred freely drunk what now I smelled was wine. "How expensive is that, Fred?" I chastised, snatching the cup and sniffing it. "No worries sister, no worries." He was a damn asshole when he was drunk. Of course I had worries. He was even more stupid when it came to pre-alcohol.

I ignored him and began painting on the Greece flag, my face a canvas. I was very tired and hopefully the white makeup would cover up my eye bags. This was our last day here and I wanted to soak up all of the freedom we had before I returned to America, probably to be tried for killing our baby sister, Angel. I sighed, snatching my brother's cup annoyedly and swigging it into my mouth, the biting liquid flowing down my narrow throat. "Get me some more, Fred."

He had been staying away from 'sober' these past twelve months ever since he found out about our sister. Well, his half sister and my full sister. Fred was...numb now. Numb with liver damage too, probably.

He came back with the entire bottle. Twenty years. Not bad. Not good enough for me either, but Hell....wine or no wine, those darn detectives would get me anyways. If only she had shut up. If only my mother didn't focus on her. If only my brother wasn't away so much. Now he was numb. Because of me. I wonder if they had even found her. Floating under the pool tarp along with her favorite toy dog.

I startled myself as my right ear popped, the streets were crowded with people walking about because of some holiday or festival. Damn, the States wouldn't miss me. I couldn't bring myself to check the news. I just couldn't. Couldn't hear her throaty, childish laugh or see her blonde and black curls that were so rare that everyone would stop and share.

"Fred....."

I looked over at him. He was staring out at the country. "Yeah, Maranda?"

"Did I.....make a mistake?" I asked gulping down the wine that was staining my teeth.

"I don't know Maranda. Did Mom make a mistake?" he asked, then turned towards me, his face expressionless.