When he heard his father's explanation, Zhao Shi Cheng's expression became strange instead. Tang Wan usually appeared to be gentle and virtuous inside the residence. Precisely because she was afraid of shocking his parents. That they will dislike her for her tendency to be valor and lively. Unexpectedly, when she killed to point where her eyes were red and she forgot to conceal her true nature, she received father's praise.

"Father, let's not talk about Wan er anymore." Zhao Shi Cheng felt like he had the need to help his wife change the topic. In case, she finished beating people up and came back afterwards, she'll be unable to come up with a believable reason. "Father, this son thinks that the matter of destroying the fort today has a big conspiracy."

"Nonsense! A thousand soldiers entrapping your three hundred soldiers, even I know that's a conspiracy. Isn't it just that they want to kill you?" Zhao Zhong Shi said snappily.

"It's not like that father. I mean that this conspiracy isn't targeted at me, rather it's targeted at father."

What he observed in addition to the words that he coaxed out of Ying Long just now, all seemed to prove a fact. "I was ambushed by enemy soldiers and even Wan er was ambushed. If we both died, then that means that the new magistrate in the capital is incapable. In this way, this will greatly affect father's position in the imperial court. It's like the previous two daren's murder case. On the surface, it was Iron Gate fort's doing. But in fact, because of this matter isn't father also taunted and criticized by people in the imperial court?"

When he heard this, Zhao Zhong Shi's expression became considerably serious. "What you said is right, but who wants to target me?"

Zhao Shi Cheng took a deep breath. "Father, I heard it's because right prime minister Yang recommended me that I got promoted to the magistrate of the capital?"

"Yang Wen Chang?" Zhao Zhong Shi was not quite convinced. "But if you get in trouble, Yang Wen Chang who recommended you, also won't be that well off."

"It's still much better than father, who lost his son at the time and became discredited." Zhao Zhong Shi finally understood. His rough, old face couldn't help but twitch for a period. His breathing also became rough and heavy. Nevertheless, his gaze turned gloomy.

The battle gradually came to an end. With Great General Zhao's army's help, not only did they destroy the enemies entirely, but they also captured several key figures including Ying Long of course.

The soldiers and men called off the battle. Tang Wan wielded a sword and came over with an imposing manner that was astonishing.

"Husband, that Ying Long cried out the fiercest just now, so I helped you take care of him. In the next few days, I must punish him properly in prison!" She said indignantly with clenched teeth. She didn't notice her father in law was standing on one side.

Zhao Shi Cheng anxiously shot a meaningful glance at her again and again. Hinting for her to restrain herself a little and don't make it so that even her words were too vulgar.

She cocked her head as she looked him and asked puzzledly, "Husband, did your eyes get a cramp?"

Zhao Shi Cheng nearly spit a mouthful of blood out. This wife of his, why was it that when she should be clever, she was in such a daze?

On the contrary, Zhao Zhong Shi lightly coughed in a calm manner. "Daughter-in-law, De Pu is warning you that I am here."

Tang Wan was quite surprised. "Father?! Aren't you supposed to be commanding the army?"

She suddenly remembered she still had to pretend to be a noble lady and hastily threw away the broadsword in her hands. She rapidly straightened out her dress and appearance. And when she turned to face her father in law, she was already that gentle and delicate daughter in law again.