20

Zhao Shi Cheng's heart tugged and his expression became even more unsightly. He stood up for her, yet she was so soft-hearted. Although it could also be said as magnanimous, but on second thought, wasn't it a special tolerance towards Lu You?

However, he definitely won't make her unhappy, as a result, he tried his best to hide the discomfort deep in his heart and said in a deep voice, "You're still not leaving quickly!

Lu You took a bow and endured his anger while leaving with his mother and wife.

Tang Wan still appeared to be laden with anxiety, watching them leave. Zhao Shi Cheng hesitated to speak many times and finally, he really couldn't resist asking, "Wan er, did Lu You evoke your troubled thoughts?

"What? No, I was only thinking...," of buying a hundred eighty skewers of meat.

"It's okay. You don't have to tell me. You forgave Lu You and Madam Tang's impertinent remarks today. That is your magnanimity. I won't have any complaints," he actually squeezes out a smile.

"Why are you smiling so strangely?" When she saw his unnatural smile, she instinctively wanted to touch his face. She suddenly felt like she seemed to have overlooked something.

However, Zhao Shi Cheng turned his head, avoiding her touch, "It's alright. You don't need to care about me. I already told you that I can wait until you completely accepted me. You don't need to force yourself...I'm going to the front to look. It seems like someone is causing trouble. Let Xiao Chun escort you back."

After saying this, he lifted his feet and left as if he was afraid that she will say something that will hurt his feelings.

Tang Wan didn't even have the time to call him to stop. "Hey...this dummy, theres is rather too much small scenarios in his heart."

She was able to see that his mood wasn't very good, but exactly why was he feeling this way? She used her head for once and carefully thought about it...Ah! Was it because of Lu You?

This was surely the case! Lu You and Tang Wan had a past relationship. Zhao Shi Cheng, this dummy, certainly mistaken her for having unfinished feelings for Lu You again.

His gloomy expression today was obviously because of her. In addition, he was afraid to make her feel sorry so he put on an air of cheerfulness. It was as if she could understand his resignation and inner conflict and her heartstring was suddenly tugged. It was only then that she realized with surprise that his emotions would unexpectedly also affect hers. If he was happy, then she was happy as well. If he was sad, then she would be sad as well. She simply didn't want to see his sad face.

He truly loved her...Tang Wan was a little ashamed. He did a great deal for her, yet she didn't seem to be able to do something for him and neglected his feelings time and time again and at last, hurt him.

Looking at his back, she felt that her nose tingled faintly and her heart ached a little bit for some strange reason.

"Xiao Chun, did I do something wrong?"

On the way home, Tang Wan thought about a lot of things. For her who really lacked experience in regards to love, she was unsure of the reason why Zhao Shi Cheng was unhappy from the beginning to the end. Her brain was almost about to be squeezed dry. In the end, she could only consult Xiao Chun, who was in the middle of a passionate romance with Wang Qiang.

Xiao Chun sighed. She was at the imperial notice board just now and saw everything clearly. "Young Madam, you made a horrible mistake! Zhao Daren doted on you so much and was gentle and considerate of you, yet you helped cousin young master plead mercy with a look like you still have feelings for him. Zhao Daren clearly could have been angry, but he was also scared that you'd be unhappy so he endured it with difficulty. Even I feel bad for Zhao daren."