Chapter 1- First Sight

"Blair hurry up! I have to be there by eight!"
"I'm coming!"
God, I hate these things, the stupid volleyball tournaments. They're so boring. All I do is sit and watch. I mean yeah, it's my favorite sport, but dad never teaches me. I want to be taught, I want to be part of the action.
-In the car-
"Why are you going so fast?"
"I need to find a parking spot early."
"Oh, alright."
Yes, I love my dad, but he's a little...much. Ever since I can remember he has always strived for success, to be on top. All rough and tough.
-At the beach-
"Hurry up, and help me carry these."
"Ok."
"Get to our usual spot."
We have a spot, everyone has a spot. No one new ever really comes, so everyone has "their" area. No one changes, moves, or invades boundaries. I don't know why, maybe it's because they're used to it. Everyone has been coming for years, ever since I was a kid. At first I enjoyed coming to these, I had friends I hung out with, but they stopped coming. I guess I grew out of it too. It got tiring.
"Blair set up the chairs. I have to warm up."
"Fine." I sneer.
"Don't start."
"I-I'm not, just go."
He turns, pauses, then leaves. I set up the chairs now because I'm 16. My dad used to always set them up, but now I'm a "big girl". Ugh, so gross when people say that. After setting up the chairs and putting on sunscreen, I decide I want to lay out for awhile, I do have to get a bit tan. An hour nap should suffice. When I wake up I'm a bit hot from the sun, so I decide I want to go down to the water to cool off. The tournament and people are on the upper side of the beach, so you have to walk a bit before getting down to the ocean. I look for my dad and find him on court 4.
"Dad!"
"What now Blair? The game's almost starting."
"I'm going down to the water."
"Alright, just...don't drown."
I laugh before saying, "Ok."
Once I get down the the ocean, I try to touch it and get used to the coldness. I touch it with my feet, and icy jolts go through my body. It's freezing, more than usual, and that's when I notice there aren't many people in it. Odd. I sigh, and decide to wait it out and sit back up on the dry sand, still near the water, just not on it. I listen to the soft sounds of the ocean going back and forth. From afar I see a tall, relatively good-looking boy, around my age, struggling with the water. He looks familiar, but I don't know how. He was beautiful, but I was too shy to say anything to him. He turns around and looks at me. Oh God! He saw me. My breath starts to pick up, good thing I'm wearing sunglasses, that way if I just look straight he can't tell if I'm looking at him or not. Yeah, good idea. I turn my head forward and look straight at the ocean. I still see him in the corner of my eye. He's...staring. What is happening?! Why is he staring? He turns, and makes a slight hesitation before...walking towards me! What is going on?! I wonder if he's just going back up, no he is. NEVER MIND.
"Hey." He says in a hoarse voice.
"Hi."
"Uh-have you been in?"
"Yup, cold isn't it?"
He sits next to me on the sand, I now realize I forgot a towel. How foolish of me, I was gonna go in the water, without a towel to dry me off.
"Yeah, it is."
I now take this time to look at him in the eyes, and he looks at my face. Jeez. His eyes were like a reality check for me. I don't know what it was exactly. Electricity went through my body. Gray and blue swirling is a beautiful pattern. I think I saw his pupils dilate.
"I tried to go all in, but it's more cold today."
"Yeah, I can tell."
"Do you come here often?"
He laughs. "Yeah, my mom plays in the tournament thing."
"Oh my dad does too."
"Cool, I usually hate coming to these things, I find it kinda boring. All you do is-"
"Sit and watch."
"Exactly!"
I giggle. "I'm Blair."
"Noah."
"What do you to say Noah, let's both jump in and try to get used to it."