Sleepover

Alex went to the bathroom and called her mom. "Mom, we're still finishing the research paper."
"Okay, just keep me posted once you're done so I can pick you up."
"I think we are not going to finish this tonight."
"Okay, just stay there and go home in the morning."
"I will mom, thank you! Don't forget to eat dinner. Bye love you."

That's Alex' plan to sleepover in Jem's crib. Someone knocking on the bathroom, of course it is Jem, "Hey, everything okay?"
"Yeah, I'll be there in a minute."
Jem is not aware of Alex' plan for the night. Alex felt that she wants to more about Jem.
"Jem, can I sleepover?"
"No problem but did you ask permission to your mom?"
"I did, she's okay with it."
"For real? Can I talk to her? I just want to make sure that she allowed you."
"Sure thing." Alex dialed her mom's number.
"Mom, Jem wants to talk to you. She's doubting me."
"Hi, Tita! I am Jem, Alex' classmate. I just want to know if you allowed her to sleepover?"
"Yes Hija! Thank you for calling me to confirm."
"My pleasure tita. I don't want to get in trouble that's why I asked Alex to call you. Thank you tita. Bye!"

"I only have one bed Alex, I don't mind sharing it with you but if you are not comfortable I can fix a bed for you or you can sleep here."
"I don't mind sharing the bed with you."
Jem blushed but she's keeping it cool.
"Okay, here's your shirt and a pair of pajamas plus a disposable undergarments so you can change before you go to bed."
"Thank you Jem, you're so hospitable."

They're done changing their clothes. They're inside the room and lay down. "Did you ever feel that your alone in this world?" Alex asked Jem
"Always, since I only have myself. I don't have friends here, my friends are in New Zealand as I grew up there."
"Really? When did you move here?"
"I think that was in 2016. My mom decided to enroll me here."
"I see, where are your parents?"
"They're businessmen, they travel alot. They're busy always."
"Sorry for asking." Alex felt that Jem's voice became sad when asked about her family."
"That's okay. I mean, I am happy that you're asking me about my personal life. Some other people just want my status and I felt like they're using me for their personal gain."
"Who are those people? I'll kick them in the face."
"You don't need to waste your time to useless people, just move on."
"You're such a nice girl Jem."
"Everyone has their own battles, I just chose to be nice all the time."