Eloise startles and jumps back, still on edge, but when she sees Peter, Ned, MJ, and May, her anxiety melts away. May reaches out for her and wraps her up in a tight hug, only causing slight discomfort to her abdomen, but she doesn't mind and hugs May back as a small laugh escapes her lips. She notices a homemade cake on the counter.

When May lets her go, she shuts the door behind Eloise and claps excitedly. "How was the birthday girl's day so far?"

Peter rolls his eyes fondly at his aunt and steps forward, wrapping one arm around Eloise in a gentle hug that avoids any contact with her healing injury.

"The usual," Eloise replies with a smile. "What is all this about?"

"We're just celebrating!" May turns and grabs the cake from the counter and showcases it. The cake is iced in white icing with the words "Happy Birthday Eloise!" written in sloppy yellow icing that looks like Peter's handwriting. Warmth spreads through her chest.

Eloise beams down at the cake and says, "Aww, you guys didn't have to do all that for me."

Peter holds her tighter against his side. "Of course we did, it's your eighteenth birthday!"

"You're a certified adult now," Ned comments. "You can vote and everything!"

Next to him, MJ adds, "And get charged as an adult in court."

Eloise laughs at her humor. "Finally."

"So, what are your birthday plans?" May asks as she sets the cake down.

Peter looks down at Eloise as he awaits her answer even though he already knows what she's going to say. His thumb rubs the skin of her arm and she can't help but blush at the action.

"Well," She says, "I have some homework to do, and after that I think I'm just having dinner with you guys. That's still okay, right?"

"Of course it is," May replies with a bright smile.

MJ steps over to the table and grabs something. When she returns, she holds it out to Eloise. It's a small box wrapped in a lavender wrapping paper. Eloise takes the object and hesitantly looks up at MJ.

Noticing her wary look, MJ says, "I knew that you wouldn't want anything, but I made you a little something anyways."

"You didn't have to, but I appreciate it," Eloise thanks her as she opens the gift carefully. Inside the box is a small origami crane. Her face breaks out into a smile as she delicately picks up the paper creation and holds it in front of her face to get a better look at it. "This is so cute, thank you!"

"It's just paper," MJ replies with a short laugh. "But you're welcome."

"I didn't get you anything because I didn't know it was your birthday until Peter told me yesterday," Ned confesses.

Eloise snorts. "That's okay, Ned."

"Let's cut the cake!" May exclaims and grabs a knife.

Peter's arm around Eloise falls back to his side and he tucks his hands into his pockets. He leans closer to Eloise and says quietly, "My present is coming later."