Chapter 2 <3

Hayes' POV:

I woke up to the sound of a piercing alarm. I smelt smoke and flipped. I jumped out of bed going into Sky's room. Sky was sleeping so i carried her. I went back to my room and grabbed my phone, money, and laptop. I ran to my parents room.

"Mom! Dad! Wake up! The house is burning!" I screamed. They jumped up and grabbed all the money they could find and their phones.

I went to Nash's room but he wasn't there. We all ran downstairs with Sky coughing in my arms. When we got downstairs Nash was laying in the middle of the floor. Lifeless. I started crying and my parents told me to get outside. I got outside and a few seconds later my mom and dad came out. My dad was holding Nash over his shoulders.

"Call 911 Hayes!" My dad yelled.

He sat on the ground and tried waking up Nash. My mom held Sky.

"911 whats your emergency?" They picked up.

"Um yes my house is burning down and my brother is unconscience."

"Ok calm down. Are you out of the house?"

"Yes. We are all out of the house." I replied.

"Ok we are sending help. What is your address?" They asked.

"3461 Carrie crossing, Moorseville North Carolina, 30094." I said.

"Ok help will be there in about 5 minutes." I hung up and looked at the house burning down, my mom crying, my dad trying to get Nash up, and it was all too much.

I heard sirens and saw Mack's front door open and Mack running towards me. Everything went blurry..and then black.

Mack's POV:

I heard sirens and looked outside of my house. Everyone was sleeping and it was only 10:00am. I saw the fire truck and police pull into Hayes's driveway. I ran outside and saw Nash on the ground unconscience. I ran over to Hayes and he fainted.

"Hey Mack! Can you please hold Nash's head up please?" Nash's dad asked. I nodded and crawled over to Nash. I held his head and looked at the scene behind us. The house was burning down and the firemen were trying to put it out.

"If you dont mind me asking..what happened?" I asked.

"We have no clue. Hayes woke us up saying the house was burning down. Luckily he woke up because i never would have gotten up." Hayes' dad replied. I nodded and looked over at Hayes.

I looked at Elizabeth(Nash and Hayes' mom) and she nodded. I set Nash's head down and crawled back over to Hayes. I picked his head up and set it in my lap brushing his hair back from his face.

I heard a gasp and looked over at the road. Matthew Espinosa, Cameron Dallas, Taylor Caniff, and Carter Reynolds were all standing there. I set Hayes down and immediately ran to Matt. I jumped in his arms and cried.

He set me down.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Well..we were supposed to hang out with Nash today." Cam replied. I nodded and continued to cry. Cam brought me in his arms.

"It'll be okay. They will be fine im sure." Cam said. I just lost it and hugged Cam as tight as possible. We all walked over to the grass where the Griers were. I sat down in Matt's lap and cried.

*2 hours later*

I woke up to people shaking me. Nash was standing above me. My eyes widened and i jumped up out of Matt's grip.

"Nash! Your okay." I said relieved.

"Yeah. Im good." He replied.

"Where's Hayes?" I asked.

"Everyone's trying to find anything important in whats left in the house." Nash looked down. I looked at the house. I hugged Nash.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"Mackenzie?" Coach Grier asked.

"Sir?" I said.

"Do you think you have any room for us to stay until our house gets fixed?" Coach asked.

"I'm sure that will be fine." I said.

I felt arms wrap around my waist and i turned my head. A pair of lips connected with mine and i pulled away. Hayes was in front of me pouting. I laughed and reconnected our lips.

I heard a groan from behind me. I pulled away from Hayes and faced the road. Kat. My old best friend.

She turned popular and left me with no friends. She calls me names and Hates it when i hang out with the boys.

"Excuse you?" I said. She walked over to me and looked at Hayes.

"Why are you dating this whore?" She laughed. Hayes just looked at me. He was about to reply when i did. I was tired of her. I was not going to put up with her mess.

"Fight me bitch." I stepped toward her breathing on her face.

"Eww Mackenzie needs a doggie mint." She said. I lost it. I jumped on her bringing her down. She screamed.

I pulled her hair and slapped her face multiple times. I felt someone grab my waist and i tried to get them to release. I turned to see Hayes trying his best to keep me from punching Kat's face into the ground.

I got free and he grabbed me again along with Matt. Hayes fell and matt wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear.

"Shh. It's not worth it your okay." He said. I felt shivers go through me and my stomach doing flips.

Oh my God. I cant possibly have a crush on Matt? I turned to see Matt's face centimeters from mine. I felt heat rush to my face ad he smiled releasing me. I looked at Hayes and he had his jaw clenched. Uh oh.