The Rise of Smash

Don Quixote wakes up in a strange and unknown place. He is surrounded by hundreds of swarming people in a large building with retail stores in it.

"Excuse me," Don gets the attention of a nearby person. "What year is it?" He glanced around at the people wearing crop tops and saggy pants.

"2014..." the teenage girl eyed his rusty armor with suspicion. "You know the Renaissance fair isn't located here right?"

Don Quixote disregarded her question as he continued to survey his surroundings. "What is the name of this establishment?" He knew he had to continue on his glory in this new world.

"Westfield Mall..." she answered hesitantly.

Don spotted a sign with a glowing apple on it. "Oh!" he shouted. "It must be a castle!" Once inside, he saw glowing rectangles everywhere and became scared of them. He grabbed one from its stand and through it to the floor. He got a satisfying feeling from it. A sense of realization came over him. "I should be named Smash!"

He destroyed more and more of the bright objects until a man named Cal-Pal restrained him. "No, don't!" He tried to convince him. "The phones won't hurt you!"

"These glowing rectangles will take over the world. They already are," Smash answered. "You shall become my squire and assist me in destroying this terrifying technology!"

Cal-Pal realized that Smash, even though he was very strange, had a point. He agreed to his request and they ventured out into the shopping mall. With their matching bandanas, they began stripping the phones from the passing strangers' hands. The victims were so clueless without the devices that mass chaos started to spread.

Eventually, two tall teenagers arrived with ambitions to stop the madness that Smash and Cal-Pal were creating. "We are Dr. Fluke and Mike-Ro-Wave and we have come to defeat you!" The men announced announced as they adjusted their (what looked like homemade) costumes.

Smash sized up his opponents. "I shall challenge you to a duel! But first I need a glorious steed." Cal-Pal found a miniature dachshund among the crowd. He plucked the tiny pup from its owner's arms and handed it his master. Smash raised the shaking dog in the air. "Your new name is Coco and you will lead me into battle!" He prepared himself for the fight. "Stand by me squire!"

Cal-Pal realized that this wasn't an intelligent idea and tried to stop Smash from proceeding. "Don't do this Smash," he reasoned. "Their super-human good looks are too strong. You'll perish against them!" But Smash was too stubborn to listen.

With a loud battle cry, Smash launched himself onto Dr. Fluke and Mike-Ro-Wave. They used bananas to deflect him, but the weak defense was still enough to send him crashing to the ground.

The formerly disoriented crowd once again returned to their helpless selves, glued to their gadgets, once Dr. Fluke and MIke-Ro-Wave distributed the phones back. All Cal-Pal and Smash could do was watch their defeat.

Eventually Dr. Fluke and Mike-Ro-Wave began to feel bad for the losers. "How about we all get some pizza?" Mike-Ro-Wave offered. Smash and Cal-Pal admitted that they couldn't resist the cheesy goodness, so they all went to the local Italian restaurant and had lunch together as a team of superheroes.

Halfway through the meal, Mike-Ro-Wave's stomach rumbled. "Whoa, it looks like Mike wants another slice!" Dr. Fluke said. They all shared a laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to comment, vote, follow, and share if you liked it! I also am writing a Calum fanfic called "Truth" if you want to read that too. -Faith