Chapter 6

Dani POV:

I come out of the bathroom and see all the guys sitting around in my room. They all turn and look at me. ‘Take a picture. It’ll last longer,’ I say. They all pull out they’re phones. ‘I was joking. Don’t take a photo,’ I say hiding my face. I peer out and hear a camera go off. I look around and see Hayes laughing. ‘Benjamin Hayes Grier,’ I shout running over to him. ‘What Becca Danielle Grier,’ he yells back? ‘Did you just take a photo of me,’ I ask? ‘Maybe,’ he says smirking. ‘Delete it,’ I say. ‘Nah,’ he replies. I snatch his phone off him and delete the photo. ‘Here you go,’ I say handing it back to him.

The boys laugh. I sit down next to Shawn and Cam. ‘Who wants to play Truth or Dare,’ Nash asks? I sigh. ‘Me,’ everyone says. ‘I’m out,’ I say. I get up and sit on my bed. ‘Please play,’ Cam begs. ‘Nah,’ I say. ‘Why not,’ he asks? ‘Cause we play this 24/7 at home,’ I say, ‘that and I’m the only girl here.’ The boys laugh. ‘Please,’ Matt and Shawn beg. ‘Ugh fine,’ I say. I sit down next to Shawn and Cam again. ‘Why when they ask you come but when I ask you don’t,’ Cam asks? ‘Cause your like an older brother to me and I don’t do anything my siblings tell me,’ I say smiling cheekily.

We start playing. Nash goes first as per usual. ‘Dani Truth or Dare,’ he asks? To be safe I say, ‘truth.’ ‘What is your biggest secret,’ he asks? I think hard. ‘I don’t really have secrets,’ I say, ‘I’m a very open person.’ ‘You must have one secret,’ Nash says. ‘Nope,’ I say. He shrugs. ‘Cam,’ I say, ‘Truth or Dare?’ ‘Dare,’ he says. I whisper to him what he has to do. He takes off his top and runs out the door. I go outside to the balcony and watch him jump into the pool. He splashes a few girls that are tanning by the edge of the pool then he runs back in laughing. He comes over to me and gives me a hug. ‘Let go you’re all wet,’ I say laughing. He finally does and now I’m all wet. We play a few more rounds and then I’m asked, ‘Truth or Dare,’ by Shawn. ‘Dare,’ I say. ‘I dare you to sing in front of everyone,’ he says. ‘No way,’ I say shaking my head. ‘Why not,’ he asks? ‘Because I can’t sing,’ I say. ‘She can,’ Nash and Cam both say. ‘She sings all the time at home,’ Hayes says. ‘Wow thanks,’ I say sarcastically. ‘You’re welcome,’ they all say. ‘What song,’ I ask? ‘Any,’ Shawn says. I think hard.

One of those nights

We felt invincible

And every glass was full

One of those nights

One of those nights

Dancing in the stars

Thought that the world was ours

One of those nights

‘There done,’ I say. They all look at me funny. ‘How’d you know that song,’ Nash asks? ‘Because I’m not stupid and it’s a good song,’ I say. ‘Do you know who sings it,’ Cam asks? ‘Yeah. Shawn,’ I say. They all still look at me funny. ‘I don’t know where you guys got the idea that I don’t know any of you,’ I say. Hayes raises his eyebrows. ‘Just because I haven’t met them doesn’t automatically mean I don’t know who they are,’ I say. Nash just nods. I roll my eyes. Are boys actually this clueless? I stand up and walk to the door. ‘Where ya going,’ Nash asks? ‘Away from you guys. Your cluelessness might rub off on me,’ I say. I grab a jersey and walk out the door. I head down to the lobby and walk to Starbucks.

Nash POV:

How long has she known? Now I feel like an idiot. ‘Well that was weird,’ Cam says. ‘How’d we not realise she already knew us,’ Matt says. I shrug. We talk about it for 15 minutes then Dani walks back in with Starbucks. ‘Hey give me some,’ Hayes says standing up. ‘No its mine,’ she says, ‘get your own.’ ‘So have you guys stopped being clueless now,’ she asks? We nod. ‘So what do you already know,’ Carter asks her? ‘Your names, your ages, basic stuff I guess,’ she says. ‘Okay,’ Matt says. 'Anyone want to watch a movie,' I ask? 'Sure,' everyone says.  We put on

 “Now You See Me”. Everyone gets comfortable on the floor and beds. Dani is on her bed and the rest of us are on mine and Hayes’s bed.

Dani POV:

We are about halfway through the movie and I start getting tired. I get up, grab my pyjamas and go into the bathroom. I change into them and put my hair up into messy bun. I go into the main room and get into bed. I pull the blankets up and drift off to sleep.