8

Meera entered Arjun's penthouse on the 16th floor just as dramatically as a bollywood heroine, she  kicked the pot full of rice, stepped into a plate full of vermilion liquid and walked onto the white sheet laying there to take the imprint of her feet. 

As she entered, she looked around the house, a spacious place, rather big and having a beautiful view, her mind asked her- do cricketers get paid so much! Arjun walked behind her and whispered to her asking her to touch his parent's feet, which she fake smilingly did. 

God how much she needed a break just to process all this! 

Some quick pictures were clicked where her smile was faint and fake. Divya then came to take pictures of the couple when Meera whispered to Arjun saying whether this was even required 

 Arjun swiftly replied that it was a part of their deal with the journalist hence a necessary! 

But they just couldn't get a right picture where the couple seemed like a happily married couple. The movements in different profiles and angles was beginning to annoy Meera until she almost tripped and was caught by Arjun, at the moment, Divya captured what she had to.

 Arjun had the perfect picture to give away!

~

After bidding the parents good bye, Arjun showed Meera to her room, it was a cosy little room with all her stuff already arranged. 

"...that is your boundary and don't cross it, my room is out of bounds! all the other rooms don't concern you anyway" Arjun said as he left the book to which Meera quickly replied, "Oh please captain, I am well aware of my boundaries and limits, I feel like you should give this lecture to yourself!" Arjun suddenly turned around and caged Meera between his arms

 "Miss. Meera Gupta or should I say, Mrs. Meera Arjun Sahni, I know my boundaries perfectly well, you see, I am a cricketer, a batsmen and it is my task the cross the boundaries, well you can be a fielder and stop me" He said with a smirk

Meera stuttered and tried to push him but the man was strong, she stuttered and added, not looking into his eyes, "the contract said I wont be touched!"

with her arms still on his chest trying to push him away, he sniggered and said, "Oh, but honey, you're the one touching me", Meera left his chest and Arjun moved a step away, "good night dear wife" he evilly said and departed to his room. 

Arjun was still thinking what had triggered his move of going so close to her, maybe the revelation that he had indeed done something wrong and she proved to him that he had or was it that he wanted to get close to her, did the kiss under a tree really mean something? No, not at all, he was Arjun Sahni, the captain of Indian cricket team, he was strong and all this didn't matter, as he thought to himself, he drifted away to sleep before he even knew.

~

Around 9.30 in the morning Meera came outside and saw their house help cooking, she looked around for her dear 'husband' but he wasn't seen anywhere, to avoid another encounter like the last night she quickly asked pinky about his whereabouts, knowing that he wasn't home, she happily rushed like a kid, got a cab and moved to her office. 

As she entered her office, where she worked in the marketing and advertising department, she felt multiple eyes looking at her, her phone started constantly pinging and before she got to her cubicle, she was called in by the boss.

"Good morning Lakshmi, you called?"

"Yes I did Meera, take a seat", A middle aged woman replied holding  a newspaper