hey angel

🚨 angst
part one/three ♡
vote/ comment/ follow

_________

He sees you before you see him.

He did a double take just in case, but he didn't need to, he knows you always and can find you easily in a crowd of people.

He's done it plenty of times before, when you would surprise him at a concert and he'd nearly trip over himself at the sight of you. He'd be stunned and smiling giddily because you're really here and he had missed you so much.

Even when you would accompany him on tour, sometimes you'd stay backstage and watch him from the sides, but other times you'd be in the audience. "Just like seeing what they see. You're so wonderful up there." you'd say after the show finished. He'd blush and kiss your neck as his thank you, and his lips would stay on your skin most of the night that followed.

Those good times feel like a lifetime ago now. He's been out of practise from trying to find you in a crowd, and there's not nearly the amount of people here that can fit in an arena, but, still, he sees you.

He watches the way your arms lift as you let go to the music. The white fitted dress fits in line with your curves and he doesn't want to sound sappy, but it's like you're a lighthouse guiding him to you. That's how he feels - felt when he was with you, like he was bathing in sunlight.

Your hair is at its barely touched state, and he's peering at you closely enough to know (even at this distance) you're barely wearing any makeup. This is the natural you, the real you and the light you're radiating isn't just drawing him in, you've got the attention of nearly everyone around you.

"Oi? Wha's- Where are you looking?" His mate, the one that forced Niall to go out despite his restraint, (lucky for it now, bumping into you), tries to follow his hellbent stare, even sticking his fingers at Niall's eyes and then pointing them in the direction he's looking. "S'that..." His brows furrow as he trails off but one look back at Niall's face and tense features and he clocks. "Shit! Well, look at that. And look at her! She looks pretty good huh?"

"I see." He nearly growls at his friends words, even after all this time, you receiving any compliments from men that aren't him nearly turns him into a green monster.

You look like an angel.

You used to be his angel.

This is the first time you've seen each other since your last spat, an argument that dug so deep, there was no other way out except to leave your relationship behind. You both said words you didn't mean, the night ruined by a tornado of tears and heartbreak that rushed through what was meant to be the safe haven of your shared home. It ended the two of you beyond repair.

It all disappears from his mind as he sees you now.

Now he's wondering why he acted so unreasonably, why you were so stubborn, why both of you didn't just take a deep breathe and communicate like you always promised you would.

So many promises were broken that night.

But as he looks at you, his heart lunges at the chance he may be able to make it up to you.

He has to try.

"Oh-wha- where you goin'!" His mate calls after him but Niall's not listening, too focused on not backing out as he makes his way to you. His mate waves him away, making himself occupied with the rest of their friends and the very pretty girl that's joined them.