.

"I'm home!" I announced once I stepped inside my house

"Welcome home sweetie, and hello Leo, Reira." My mom said, smiling towards the guests. "I'm almost done with your snacks so you guys can go and start your little study group."

"Ok, we'll be in my room," I said as I started walking towards my room.

Once we got to my room, I set my bag down next to my bed while Leo sat on my bed and Reira sat on the ottoman next to my bed

"So, how confident do you feel about your final for Social Studies?" I asked them.

"None whatsoever," They said at the same time and started jinxing each other.

I sighed and pulled out the notes and practice questions I made for them.

"I thought you two would say that, so I made some practice questions. Answer these questions and that should give me an idea of what you guys struggle with." I said.

"And this is why I asked you for help Elijah," Leo said grinning.

"Thanks Eli, you're the best," Reira said smiling. This made me blush.

"It's no problem," I said as I gave them the questions.

45 minutes later

After Leo and Reira finished the questions, I was able to figure out what they needed help with and gave them notes and helpful tips on how to remember the information.

"Ok Reira," I asked, "what year was the Homestead Act passed?"

"That was in...1862," she replied.

"Correct. Now Leo, this event happened in 1898. It was a conflict between the United States and Spain, in which the U.S. supported the Cubans' fight for independence. What is the name of this event?"

"That was...the Spanish American War," he replied.

"Correct. You guys are getting better at answering these questions."