Chapter Four- The Bet

Start from the beginning

“Are you sure that the reason sweet cheeks? I think you jealous of your friend.” He said slyly.

“Me, jealous?! I would rather eat a dead sloth then go out with you, we knew you would do this, I knew you never liked her, were you just using her, were you just using my best friend to look good?”

“Of course not! I was adding her to my bet as well.” He added, almost as an afterthought. I couldn’t believe it! Nicola wasn’t that stupid, she wouldn’t have slept with him, not after a week, well I hoped she wouldn’t have done.

“What was your bet?” I asked quietly, knowing I wasn’t going to like the answer.

“To shag thirty girls before Christmas, you can help too if you want, you know you want to! I only need a twenty five more girls, the easiest hundred quid I have ever made!” he laughed quietly to himself. He had supposedly been going out with Nicola all this week, but it’s only the second week of September, that would mean he had been cheating on her, and using her and he was going to take her virginity, and he knew that didn’t he? He knew that he was going to use his charm to hook her in, and then he was going to do the deed and that would be it. He wouldn’t care after that. I felt a hand on my thigh, and it slowly started moving up my leg, it was getting way to far up my leg; I quickly stood up and backed away.

“You didn’t did you?

“Of course not! She is too frigid! But don't you worry, she will!” he winked at me and moved closer to me, I started backing towards the door.

“You will not hurt my best friend! I won’t let you!” I shouted, as loudly as I could.

“Oh I will, who will she believe, really, you; the girl who shags all her friends boyfriends, or me, her first boyfriend? I think you know the answer. You’re lucky really though, you have three months, so sure, you can try and stop me if you want, hey, it might be fun, a game if you will!” His smile got wider and wider, till it was more of a sneer. I knew that Nicola wouldn’t listen to me. She was going to get her heartbroken, that’s it. And the worst thing is, he is going to go and tell the whole of our school and she will be the laughing stock. I have been where she is before, and I didn’t want her to be forced down that route.

“Please don't! She is so sweet, you don't want to wreck such a sweet girl please Rico, you are better than that!” I begged, but he only found it more hilarious.

“Darcy, if you want to stop me, I am sure you will think of something!” he smirked and I could see him getting closer to me. He put his hand on the small of my back, and his other hand was placed on my waist. I pushed him away and he fell on the bed. I went to walk out of the room, but before I got to the door I turned my head to face him, “You are a vile human being, she is my best friend and if you hurt her, if you lay a finger on her honestly I will make you regret the day you ever met me!” I admit it was an empty threat, and he knew it too. “I wouldn’t sleep with you if you were the last man on earth, and especially as you are supposed to be dating my friend!” I turned around but I heard him say something. “What did you say?”

“Darcy, it never stopped you before though did it? She will do it, you know she will and you know you want to too don't you?” he winked and then I launched my fist for the centre of his face.

This week I had had so much emotion building up inside me, I had had quite a violent night, but this punch was going to break his nose, I was going to make sure of it. The taunts by Mason, Mason forgetting me, Mason kissing me, Mason using me, Mason saving me, Mason thinking that we were going to be friends again and now Rico. As my fist made contact with Rico’s face I was surprised that there was no crack, but his nose began to bleed- badly. I stood up straight and composed myself. I took a deep breath and walked out the door. As I was walking I called behind me.