Chapter Twenty-Eight - The Children of Thanos

Start from the beginning

"Certainly not. I speak for myself" Strange replied walking up to meet Tony's side performing a sequence of hand gestures that suddenly brought magical shields to appear in front of his outstretched fists. "But you're trespassing in this city and on this planet." Maria heard another pair of shields appear, looking towards Wong she saw that he had mimicked Strange's actions.

"It means get lost, Squidward!" Tony called out but once again Maw saw no joy in his words. Maria frowned as she noticed Maw say something to his companion but she couldn't figure out what which placed the rest of them at a disadvantage to say the least – especially when Obsidian spoke in grunts of what could have been an alien language.

"It's rude to whisper!" Maria suddenly shouted out to her father's shock and horror. Sometimes he really wished she wasn't like him. Silence reigned as Maw locked eyes on Maria. No one moved. No one said anything but Maw's critical gaze fell upon Maria which just made her squirm. She had an uncomfortable feeling that she had just made things ultimately very bad for herself. Tony being her father shifted so that he was stood more in front of her, his stance protective. That was all Maw needed. He had figured out who she was and Maria knew he knew about the prophecy. She knew that Thanos had tasked all his children to find a human named Stark of the age of 16 and destroy her – that was what Supergiant had almost succeeded in doing all those months ago.

"Stark" he snarled, his voice loud enough to be heard.

"Voldemort" Maria replied without much thought, the alien's lack of a nose reminding the teen of the infamous fictional Dark Lord. "Voldemaw works too." Tony looked down at his daughter, trying to fight the smirk that wanted to come at the comment.

"Bring me the girl!" The comment affected the five heroes differently. Maria's eyes widened as she stepped back and internally berated herself for opening her own stupid mouth. Strange frowned at the command as he tried to decipher what was so special about Maria. Wong was just shocked. Bruce was scared for he already knew the might of Obsidian and his blood lust whilst Tony was pissed off, no one was touching his daughter.

Obsidian grunted his reply before the large alien dropped the head of his huge alien hammer to the ground causing a small shock to run across the ground. Tony stepped in front of Maria completely at the motion. Maria knew she had to leave; she was just going to be a distraction for her father. It didn't take long for the hammer to be picked up again and for Obsidian to start moving towards them, his large legs taking great strides. Maria didn't have a choice.

"Doc!" Maria shouted looking towards Strange. He automatically knew what she wanted him to do. Turning to face her he held out his hands and, using his sling ring, opened a portal behind her. Spinning around Maria saw the portal was open at a large open area, a park full of greenery. Nodding at Strange, Maria walked through. "Keep your head, dad." Her words caused Tony to look over his shoulder and see her on the other side of the portal moments before Strange closed the portal removing her from sight. As the last sparks of the portal disappeared Maria sighed heavily. This war was going to be the end of everything.

"KAREN?" Maria asked as she looked around the park she was stood in – she vaguely recognised it but it wasn't the time to debating such things. At the silence of her AI, Maria reached up and tapped her earpiece twice. "KAREN?"

"Yes, Miss Stark?" the loyal AI replied.

"Is everything ready for this Infinity War?" Maria asked, she had named the war so that people wouldn't understand what she was going on about. Maria had a lot of plans that were beginning to turn in motion, she could only pray that everything moved the way it was supposed to.

"Yes, I have ESC on standby when it is needed as well" KAREN shared. At the mention of ESC, Maria's heart sped up – it was the one part of the plan Maria feared wouldn't work, feared would fail and cause her own death.