Prologue

When we were young my twin brother and I connected at the hip

When we were young my twin brother and I connected at the hip. We decided at a young age if we arrived in this hellscape of a world together. We may as well thrive in it together.

If one was around the other would heed shortly after. That was until he walked out from my life to join a house full of mudbloods and bloodtraitors.

Or otherwise, known as Gryffindor. Perhaps, one could argue I still hold some grudge against him for that. Others argue I justified in my anger.

Regardless, I joined the house of the snakes like my parents and family before them. Exactly how things should have turned out. Yet now I found myself a twin. Missing their other half.

How embarrassing.

Sirius was seen as the scandal, and I was the heavenly one who could do no wrong. Our parents' blatant partiality didn't trouble Sirius but infuriated Regulus.

Oh yes, Regulus. He is the third Black child. Always aiming to please everyone around him. Someday, that will bite him where it hurts the most.

You would think I would be pleased, and satisfied with my life knowing I could be given anything I wanted on a silver platter.

Everything was preplanned for me before birth. I had no fear of the future. As it was laid out and organized in front of me.

Yet, it still wasn't enough to fill the empty hole residing within my soul.

In desperation to find contentment, I called upon my twin. He seemed to be plugged to the brim with euphoria, so possibly he could train me how to find some for my own.

After all, success and parental approval are not everything in life. Periodically you just have to let loose and relish in your teenage years.

To the last year of freedom. May you never be forgotten.

 May you never be forgotten