Hogwarts x Metallica pt. 1

(As requested by milaienether)

James' P.O.V.

It was the first day of my first year at this magical school called Hogwarts. Me, I was a young boy, barely eleven years old, not exactly knowing what would be awaiting me at that school. The only thing I knew was that I wanted to make music, and to make people happy. But if magic could help with that goal, why not try it?

I sat in a small cabin on the train, watching the landscape pass by as we left the urban surroundings of London and came across a more rural setting. Luckily, no one else had come to join me so far and I had enough time to place all my few belongings around me and to rest my feet on the seat across from me. Man, this would be some good sleep...

Lars' P.O.V.

"Man, that's not focking cool! Fock man, get your focking feet off that seat!"

That little blonde fucker dared to sleep here in this cabin, stretched out across both seats in it! Fuck him! Fuck! Was it really too much to ask for a simple place to sit on in this fucking place?

Finally, he seemed to have waken up from my yelling and put his feet down on the floor so I could rest my tired ass too. If I can tell you one thing, man, then it's that a flight from Denmark to America and then to England is not fucking cool, man. Even if it's a few years between those flights.

James' P.O.V.

Being yelled at in a weird European accent isn't the most pleasant way of waking up, I can tell you that. It instantly gave me a headache and I already knew that this crazy kid and me wouldn't be having it too easy with each other.

"Are you finally done? Then why not just take a seat, be nice and quiet and let honest people catch up on a night's sleep. A flight from 'merica to England isn't what I call a dream trip.", I said in an annoyed tone and proceeded to stretch out my legs on the seat next to me. That way, that crazy kid could have its own row of seats and there would be no necessity to yell at me anymore.

"Um, you flew here from America too, man? That's focking great, man, I did too!"

Fuck. Why can't that kid shut the fuck up?

"How nice, however, I've never quite heard an accent like yours. Where are you from?", I asked after rolling my eyes.

"I'm from Denmark and my dad is the greatest tennis player ever! But on my street, I wasn't and that's focking sad, man.", he explained, seemingly oblivious to my annoyance.

"Great. Now why don't you take a rest to-"

Dave's P.O.V.

"What, no warning?! No second chance?!!!", I yelled while holding on to the rails on the outer shell of the train.
How could things have gone so horribly wrong? All I had wanted to do was buy a funny bag from that guy standing in a quiet corner at the train station and all of a sudden, the train started moving and all that was left for me to do was scream, run towards it and jump. I had no idea how long we had been on the road already, but my hands were getting more and more tired, I was sure I was gonna fall off soon. Great job, Dave, dying from falling off a train.
But finally my rescue was near, a light on the horizon. There was an open window only a few meters away from me. I spent minutes carefully climbing towards it, trying my best not to lose my grip, will or energy. And finally, it was there within reach of my arms. I took a minute to gather all my strength, then I pulled myself up, falling right through the open window and rolling across the cabin, crashing against the closed door while still being curled up into a blonde ball. "Aaaahhh!!!!", was all I could say during that time.

When I finally felt that the ground was stable under my body, I dared to open my eyes, lift my head and release my legs from the tight grip of my arms and hands. There were two boys roughly my age sitting in here, looking at me in extreme confusion and also shock.

"I... I can explain it, I swear! All I was trying to do was catch my train, nothing illegal involved here!"

"Um, you... you just jumped through that focking window, man. Are you hurt?", the short kid who kinda looked like a girl asked me. Was I hurt?

"Yeah, there, you have a few scratches and bruises on your body but overall, you seem to be unharmed. That's some damned luck you have there, kid.", the tall blonde boy explained while scanning my body with his eyes. I myself was too shocked to really react in any way, I guess we all three were.

"Um, guys? Is this the train to Hogwarts? Please don't tell me I jumped onto the wrong train."

Please let it be the right train.

Suddenly the door swung open loudly.

"What are you doing in here?! Can you not stay quiet or do I have to teach you!"

It was a middle-aged woman with brown hair tied up and a few grey streaks in it. Damn, I think I never had heard such a British accent before, since I spent all my life in America.

"Yes ma'am, we're totally fine and I just didn't totally jump through a window or anything. Now if you'd excuse us, we have business to tend to.", I explained using a normal voice, seeing her raise her eyebrows.

"You did what?! We'll have to have you examined by the train nurse! Now come on with me!", she yelled and aggressively pulled on my arm, pulling me out of the cabin.

James' P.O.V.

"I thought this place was gonna be crazy because it has wizards and magic, but to be completely honest, I think we're the only weird thing around here.", I uttered while watching the door close behind the weird ginger kid and the aggressive woman.