Chapter Eleven: Liar

"And cut!"
Shouts one of the the producers he removes his headphones and walks toward me, I put down the guitar and blink away the rest of the tears, he clasps my hands in his and whispers, "It's yours, without a doubt."

I swallow back the cry that is stuck down my throat and whisper a thank you.

"I won't let you down."

"I know you won't my dear," he offered me a smile and I returned it, he pulled away and spun around to face the cast, "That's a wrap," he says to the extras as I walk down the stage and follow him, I lick my lips and try to ignore a set of familiar eyes that I try to not let phase me.

I . Am. Not. That. Girl. Anymore.

I'm a woman now, strong and grounded.

Sloan walks towards me and smirks at me, I roll my eyes at her, "Don't you dare say 'I told you so,' I say as I walk toward Mr. O'Connor that is waving me forward, my assistant follows, "I wouldn't dare to say such things," she whispers teasingly.

"You? Never," I say as I walk up to my new boss, he introduces me to the writers and other execs. I feel him before I hear him, I try to not stiffen, Sloan locks eyes with him before I do, she knows. She was there when I tore out my heart and left it on his doorstep.

"Axel! Meet Eiza!"

I turn and face the man that had the power to make me and break me in one breath of air, I raised my gaze and locked into those blues that I hadn't seen in years.

I extended my hand and pretended to meet him for the first time, no one outside of my family knew that my father and him had been good friends. Had been was a key word until we messed it all up.

"Eiza," Is all he says, in my mind I had imagined what would be the first word he'd say to me if we ever saw each other again. I knew it was inevitable with the careers we had. Even if I avoided acting at all cost, he'd be at fashion weeks in New York or Paris. I did everything in my power to avoid him. It worked within the past years.

But here we were, acting like complete strangers as if his eyes hadnt seen me naked and his hand that is now holding mine hadnt caressed my whole body along with this finers that would have me sighing his name in bliss.

I smile and let go of his hand but he has other intentions he brings my hand to his lips and kisses it, i feel the warmth the whispered broken promises, "It's nice to meet you Axel, I've been a big fan of your work."

I wont lie and say that I don't respect his work ethic, it's one of the things that I would never step over. He was driven. An actor that took everyone's breath away.

"Likewise," he says with a deep stare, "You took over the world," Is all he says as I send him a tight smile, "It was either I take the world or the world took me," I said as Mr. O'connor nodded and started talking about when we would be doing table readings and when we'd start filming.

Sloan was in her main domain she was typing away in her blackberry as she kept discussion with the producers. I walked away and took a script from the table where my new boss had said would be mine. I flipped through the script and foudn the original pieces of music that I'd be singing , along with well known songs.

"I never thought you'd take the leap," I heard a voice to my right, I kept my eyes down as I read the lyrics of 'Us' by James Bay.

"I'm not the little girl that was scared and nieve."