rip cameron

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR—

idk how to start this if i'm being honest – its all surreal, almost?? and like this shouldn't real, but it is, and i'm still very much half asleep

idk how to start this if i'm being honest – its all surreal, almost?? and like this shouldn't real, but it is, and i'm still very much half asleep. but i need to write this. i don't think i can continue this story if i don't. that sounds crazy but it's true.

since i was basically 12/13, he's been like a constant actor in my life, i guess, because of Jessie and a few other Disney stuff. and i need thought i would see him more than that, because back then he was some funny freckle-y kid on a Disney show who, yeah, i thought was cute but didn't really know anything 'personal' about him until a few years later when i was 16. and he was 16 too – he was my age – and idk i felt connected to him bc he's this actor who's not decades older than me, his birthday is during the same month as mine, this is pretty fucking cool, and it's hard to actually find celebrities that are your age; all of that was going through my head.

and then a little more than a year ago i made Nick Berry, my motherfucking son, and between searching for gifs for the story and Cameron's instagram trying to make social media bonus chapters, i really started to like Cameron. not in the crush/celebrity crush way with Tom Holland or Brie Larson or Chris Hemsworth. he was my age with a good life, it seemed, and a good heart, and great friends, and i will admit that i looked up to him a bit. he was like a friend, but not really, if that makes any sense at all.

and it's just fucking crazy. he's 20 – he was so young. it feels like losing a classmate from high school all over again, and it really fucking sucks.

he was a good kid. he was a good dancer (have you seen those videos?? and Descendants?? it blows me away sometimes). and he had good close friends. he had a good life – and i think he was moving in with two friends of his, and feel for them because losing someone you care about is hard, so my heart is with them and his family too.

this is longer than i intended and i'm still kinda half asleep, so let's hope this mess makes sense.

he shouldn't have died so young.

rest in peace, Cam. we'll miss you x