three, forest fire

i haven't proofread this chapter so if there's any mistakes please tell me!

oh also, here's a little game for you, comment 'YEET' every time millie says 'stupid'! have fun 😘😘

sequel to 'the good girl': 'the heartbreaker' — chapter three

"oh, i hope you know. that you're my home,
but now I'm lost so lost."

the wind was whipping through my hair. my back was drenched in sweat causing my shirt to stick to the nape of my neck. im running through the woods again. this dream had been repeating itself every sleep since i had left this small town. i was terrified. something scary is chasing after me. im not sure what it is. but i don't think ill ever be prepared to find out. i think a monster is what it is. i think they call it life.

i come to an abrupt halt. and there, in front of me, are the two doors that were way too familiar. two doors. two doors in which i had to choose from, each one determined my fate. each one led a different path. they both look promising, at least i think they do. however, both have something in which the other does not inhabit. this time, i glance at the signs above the doors and i panic.

live a fulfilling life with finn, your first true love. a foreverness of passion and happiness, enjoyment and real love. risky and dangerous, is it worth it? is above the door on the left.

the right one, panics me even more than the previous. live a safe life with your boyfriend asher, in which you are promised permanence and stability, but will be lacking any real forms of passion and want, you will be safe, and never heartbroken.

which path do i choose? each one is equally as painful. but i have to make my mind up hastily. for life is catching up to me soon.

I woke up gasping for air, my hands instantly retreating to my head, feeling the cut from last night, but it didn't sting anymore.

I finally gathered my thoughts and started to remember the consequences of last night. I was so naive, what was I even thinking? Letting him kiss my forehead? Letting him talk to me as if nothing had ever gone on between us. I remember I used to tell myself something back when me and Finn together, what was it? Oh yes, that being naive didn't make me a stupid girl. But it did, and it does. Because I always am a stupid girl around Finn. He makes me stupid, like being around him just turns my brain into a stupid jelly substance, obliterating any forms of common sense and knowledge. He makes me stupid, and I know this because when I'm around him I make selfish decisions based on my heart instead of my head. I forget that I have any trace of logic left in my stupid head and I let his stupid smile sweep me off my stupid feet and I imagine we're in a stupid fairytale and I act stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.