(27) Modern Day Civil War

Start from the beginning

"We found it. The Quinjet's in hangar five north runway." Steve held his hands up, and Clint shot, an arrow at them breaking the webbing. "Alright, Lang." Scott grew to human size, and jump-kicked Spiderman in the face taking the shield, and handing it to Steve, "I believe this is yours, Captain America."

Bucky, Sam, and Valerie ran down one terminal when a person in a red suit jumped onto the window across from them. "What the h**l is that?"

"Everyone's got a gimmick now."

"Just keep running!" The spider moving man busted through the glass kicking Sam to the ground. Bucky punched the spider thing, but he blocked it. "You have a metal arm?! That is awesome!" Valerie stood up after knowing for sure that Sam was okay. "Bucky, move." The metal armed man pulled away from the spider thing, and the person turned to Valerie.

"Wow, you're pretty." Valerie smirked "Sorry, kid." She screamed, and Peter stumbled around "So she's the one Mr. Stark  warned me about."

Sam flew passed Valerie picking the kid up.

Tony shot at Clint, Wanda, and Vierra. He flew over to them stopping mid air "Wanda, I think you hurt Vision's feelings."

"You locked us in our rooms." Vierra grabbed Wanda's hand "Okay, first that's an over exaggeration. Second, I did it protect you." Wanda's head tilted to the side "Hey Clint."

"Hey, man."

"Clearly, retirement doesn't suit you." Clint kept his arrow ready "I got tired of shooting golf. I played eighteen, shot eighteen. Just can't seem to miss." Clint shot his arrow, and Tony moved before blasting it.

"Well, first time for everything." Clint smirked "Made you look." Wanda waved her hands, and the cars from the garage began to break through the windows flying down on Tony.

"I'm gonna go check on Valerie." Clint turned to the younger teen girl "You Sure?" Vierra nodded, her eyes morphing into gold, as the air condensed around her fists. She pushed off the ground, and over to the other side of the parking garage breaking through the glass.

Vierra didn't know what happened, but when she got inside Valerie, Sam, and Bucky were webbed to the ground. "You didn't tell me she could fly!" Vierra looked around "Where is he?" Valerie used her free hand to point behind Vierra, and when she spun around Peter had webbed her knees causing her to fall over.

Her legs began to glow, and the webbing melted down her pants. "Woah! Did you just burn through that with your kneecaps?" Vierra smiled "You're new at this aren't you?" Peter shrugged "Kinda."

"Well, then, I'm sorry for this." Vierra thrust out her hands, and the air in front of Peter solidified before slamming back shoving him through the glass.

"Yes! Good job, Via." Vierra thanked Sam before grabbing his wrists in her hands. "I'm sorry if this burns." Vierra's knuckles caught flame, and Bucky's eyes widened when he turned to Valerie who was stuck on the floor next to him.

"How am I supposed to protect a kid who can do that?" Valerie shook her head, and gave him one of those 'Now's not the time' looks. Vierra moved onto Bucky grabbing his hand gently, and burning away the webbing.

Then Valerie, who gladly handed over her hands. Vierra burned through that too, and Valerie ripped the webbing off of her mouth. "This is why, you're my best friend." Vierra laughed helping the three to her feet. "Come on, we gotta get to the Quinjet."

The four ran out just in time to find, Steve, Clint, Wanda, and Scott running towards the jet. "Come on!"

A laser beam stopped the team forming a line in the ground above them. "Captain Rogers, I know you believe what you're doing is right, but for the collective good, you must surrender now."

Vierra's eyes morphed into their golden counterpart when T'Challa, Rhodey, and Peter landed behind Tony. "What do we, Cap?"

"We fight." The team ran forward each taking on their opponent. Rhodey landed in front of Valerie, "I hate do this, but we're not friends anymore." Valerie rolled her eyes "Really? What gave you that idea?" She screamed which pushed Rhodey back, when a gun popped out of his shoulder.

The blast reflected Valerie's sound waves onto herself, and with her enhanced hearing, she was crying on the ground. Rhodey stood there waiting for her to get up, and Bucky put all of his force into his punch at T'Challa before darting over to Valerie.

"You okay?" Valerie gulped down the lump in her throat before nodding. Vierra stepped in front of Valerie, and Bucky. "Hey, listen kid." Rhodey stuck his hands up defensively at the golden eyes girl. "You hurt my friend! And, now I'm gonna hurt you!"

Vierra's hair billowed with flames "Bucky, watch out!" Vierra spun around thrusting her hands out towards the Black Panther throwing him a completely different way. "Thanks, Kid." Vierra nodded turning back to Rhodey before the flames died down.

Everyone was watching her like she were proving the government's point, she was a weapon of mass destruction. Vierra shook her head trying to make the thoughts go away as she charged Rhodey, who punched. Vierra grabbed his hand, and punched him in the rib.

Vierra didn't notice how hot her palm was until Rhodey winced. "Really Tony? You built a suit that can protect me from bullets, but not a kid?!"

"In my defense, I didn't think you would be fighting an alien." Vierra pulled away thrusting out her hands. The air in front Rhodey betraying him as he was thrown back.

T'Challa walked over to Bucky when Vierra had finally moved on. "It's time for you to pay for what you've done." Bucky stood up, and began to fight whilst Valerie punched the ground angrily because every time she tried to get up, her ears would start replaying that sound again making her fall.

"Bucky move," as per usual, the man did as Valerie said, and she let out a supersonic scream towards T'Challa, a part of his suit already melted from Vierra.

Valerie pushed herself off of the ground just as T'Challa moved to get to Bucky. "It's okay, I got him." Valerie nodded running off towards the annoying Spiderman.

Vierra looked around to see if anyone needed her help when she noticed T'Challa had Bucky pinned to a wall. Vierra made a grabbing gesture with her hands, and T'Challa couldn't move anymore. She waved her hand back, and the Black Panther flew away.

"He also said to go for your legs." Vierra spun around to Spiderman "Oh, no. Not this chick again." Vierra smirked "Did he say anything about me?"

"Yeah, he did actually." Vierra spun around to the sound of Tony's voice "He said, stay away from Vierra, and let me take care of her."

"I don't want to hurt you, Tony."