chapter seven: The Lost Sister

*wearing the same outfit as you wore last chapter*

*third person pov:*
Max was holding her passed out sister's head in her lap, crying and silently praying that she would be fine. Lucas was trying to comfort Max while being on the lookout for any more monsters. Dustin and Steve were trying to get the demo-dogs away from the bus to hold them off for a while.

"You're gonna be okay, I promise," Max whispered into (Y/N)'s ear sobbing.

"Hey, Lucas! A little help here," Dustin yelled at Lucas. Lucas rolled his eyes and walked over to Dustin helping him with whatever he needed.

(Y/N) on the other hand was still passed out with a belt wrapped around her leg to slow down the bleeding. Steve did that because nobody else knew how to/didn't want to do it too tight or not right enough.

Steve looked over at Max, feeling bad for the girl. If he had a sibling he was close to and this happened, he imagined that he would be exactly how Max was.

*(Y/N)'s POV:*
I couldn't open my eyes but I could smell a faint metallic scent. That was definitely blood. I could hear Max's familiar crying, I hated it when she cried. It reminded me of when my sad excuse of a father would yell. Maybe not at her but he would just yell and she would cry. I could feel her playing with my hair and her tears going onto my face. I wanted to wake up so bad but I didn't know how.

"Please come back. Please don't leave me," Max sniffled.

"If only I could, I would!" I tried to yell out to her but it obviously didn't work. My head was pounding and suddenly I was in the hospital that Will was at.

I looked at Will and he looked right at me. I knew I wasn't physically there, so then how could he see me? Mike came into the room and walked right through me, but Will's focus was on me. I walked up to Will and placed my hand on his shoulder and he flinched.

"It's just me," I told the boy.

"I know," he said back.

"Will? Who are you taking to?" Mike asked.

"Nobody, just myself," Will came up with an excuse. Mike nodded to him and left the room. Will and I started talking about random things, like what type of things he liked to do and stuff.

We talked for hours, well what felt like hours, and I heard footsteps outside of the door, inching closer to the room when Will said to me,

"Go back. Wake up. Wake up," I heard him repeat.

"Wake up! WAKE UP!" I heard Dustin yelling. It took all the power in me but I did. I woke up from my weird coma and sat up.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked rubbing my head.

*Max's pov:*
"What the hell is going on?" I heard (Y/N) say. I hugged her tightly and started crying again. I felt her hug me back and felt her crying into my hair.

"I thought I lost you," I wiped my tears as I told my sister. Sister? I thought, yeah, sister.

"It takes a lot more to get rid of me," she smiled. The demo-dogs hadn't left yet and Steve was still fighting them off when he noticed (Y/N) was awake and he ran over to her and hugged her, causing her to lose balance a little.

They looked at each other before Steve went back to doing what he was doing before. I rolled my eyes and looked at (Y/N) as if saying 'why don't you just confess your love for him already?'

*back to (Y/N)'s pov:*
Once I was able to stand on my own without someone next to me I climbed up the ladder of the bus and sat there, watching the demon things hit the bus and sighed. I thought about Billy and remembered my mom was at home. I made a mental note to remember to talk to her when this was over. After sitting up there for a while I went back down to where everyone else was and sat down on one of the seats. My head was pounding and I remembered I had an Advil for my cramps, so I just took that for my headache.

"No water?" Max looked at me like I had two heads.

"You get used to taking pills with no water when you have to do it every morning," I laughed. I realized that none of them knew what I meant so it got awkward really quickly.

"Oh, that's right. It's for anxiety. I was diagnosed when my parents found me when I got lost," I explained. Everyone nodded their heads and I just sat there looking out the window.

Yoooo! I'm literally so sorry for how all over the place this chapter was, it was just sort of a filler chapter I guess. The next one will be more filled with action I promise.
~Crixbabyy 💖