chapter four: Dear Billy

Still wearing the same outfit as the last two chapters.
Y/n's POV:

I gasped as I was woken up from the trance. Dustin was shaking both Max and I to wake us up. I looked over at Steve to see him looking through my file. Why is he so nosy?

Before I could ask him why he snooped through my file, Nancy and Robin burst through the door.

"What did we miss?" Nancy asked.

Max and I looked at each other, then at her, "It would be best if we showed you," I continued, "All of you."

Max and I lead everybody down the hall to where we saw the clock. Where the clock had been lodged into the wall, practically fused in, was just a wall. Blank.

"It was here," Max said, "Right here."

"It was ticking and chiming, and it felt so real," I paused, "It looked so real."

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy questioned, sounding unsure. We nodded, the sound of chiming engraved in our brains.

"It felt so real, like Y/n said. And when we walked towards it, we just..." She trailed off, "We just woke up."

"It was like she was in a... trance or something," Dustin said.

"Like the ones Y/n has been having," Steve recalled.

"Yeah, but I've never seen the clock before. I did have, odd, visions and things that weren't there, but not this clock," I shook my head, "But each time I had them. They felt real, like it was actually happening."

"It's exactly like what Eddie said happened to Chrissy," As Dustin said this I gulped and looked at Max.

"That's not even the bad part," Max began. She started to walk back to Kelley's and we all followed her.

She pulled out Fred, Chrissy's, her's and my file, comparing all of our symptoms.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelley for help," She looked at me, "Just like us, they were both having headaches. Bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then..." She looked at me to finish.

"Then there were the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. Nose bleeds. They'd wake up in a cold sweat, and then that's when the visions started to happen. They started seeing things," I stopped.

"Bad things. From the past," Max took a breath, "These visions, they just... they kept getting worse and worse, until eventually..." She stopped talking.

"Everything ended," I finished the sentence.

"Vecna's curse," Robin said.

"Chrissy's headache started a week ago," Max said, "Fred's six days ago. I've been having them for five days, and so has Y/n. Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And we just saw that goddamn clock, so..."

"Why am I still here then?" I asked, "I mean, this is like the third trance I've been in."

"But it's the first time you've seen this clock, right?" Dustin asked me.

"Well yeah," I shrugged, "But I've had two tenaces before that."

"But they didn't have clocks in them at all, correct?" Dustin asked yet again and I nodded. None had clocks besides the last one I had with Max.

"It looks like we're dying tomorrow, huh?" Max looked at me and I gave her a sad smile. Everyone jumped when we heard a clanging noise outside the room.

"Stay here," Steve told us as he left the room, taking a lamp with him as his choice of weapon.

"Nice choice of weaponry," I whispered to Max and she laughed.