chapter three: The Pollywog (p1)

Start from the beginning

*(Y/N) POV:*
It was free period and I luckily was able to find Billy outside.

"Hey," I said nonchalantly.

"Hey. So where were you last night? After the party. That bitch was waiting for you in the kitchen," Billy told me. So Mike really did tell her to wait for me, I thought.

"First off I went to sleep over my friends house?'and don't call Max a bitch, got it? You might not like her but I think of her as a little sister," I looked at him.

"Sorry, I won't call her a bitch anymore, in front of you, but which friend were you with?" He asked.

"I was with, uh... I was w-with, well you see, it was, this girl named, uhm...... Ellie," I lied and mustered
a fake smile. (A/N; yes I did say 'Ellie' from 'El'.)

"'Kay. Well I have a date tonight so I need you to watch Max," he said.

"Okay, that's not a big deal. Not like I had anything to do with my life," I muttered the last part. Billy put out the cigarette he was smoking and walked back in the school.

*Time skip to when they were playing basketball brought to you by Max's skateboard*

*Still (Y/N) POV:*
I sat in the gym watching Steve and Billy play basketball. Well it was all of the boys but I was only there for Steve and Billy. This game was skins vs shirts and Billy was on skins and Steve was on shirts.  It wasn't weird seeing Billy with no shirt since he basically has gone his whole teen years without wearing a shirt.

"Harrington, right?" I heard Billy ask Steve. I blocked out whatever they were saying until I saw Steve get pushed to the ground. Nancy called for Steve and with that I followed them being quiet.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked Nancy.

"What do you think?" She asked him. "Where were you this morning? I missed first period."

"I figured Jonathan would take you," Steve said.

"Wha...what are you talking about?" Nancy asked dumbfounded.

"Jesus, you really can't handle your alcohol," Steve scoffed. "Uh...you remember going to Tina's party last night, right?

"Yes." Nancy said.

"And then what?" Steve looked at her.

"I remember dancing, and...spilling some punch. You and (Y/N) got mad at me because I was drunk. And then you took me home," Nancy explained like she knew everything.

"No, see, that's where your mind gets a little bit fuzzy. That was your other boyfriend. That was... that was Jonathan." Steve stated.

"I don't understand," Nancy said. *insert 'I don't understand' meme here*

"It's pretty simple, Nancy. You were just telling it like it is," Steve said.

"What?" Nancy asked.

"Uh... Apparently, uh...we killed Barb and I don't care, 'cause I'm bullshit... and our whole... our whole relationship was bullshit, and...I mean, pretty much everything is just bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Oh, yeah, and also, you don't love me," Steve said.

"I was drunk, Steve. I don't remember any of that," Nancy scoffed.

"You know what, that's fine because you also broke up with me and personally I think that's okay because I moved and I like someone else who doesn't think everything is bullshit!" Steve exclaimed.

"Oh, yeah, and who might that be?" Nancy asked.

"...(Y/N)," and with that I went back to the gym. I was walking around the halls to find a bathroom that had nobody in it. Finally I found one that was on the complete other side of the school.

"Holy shit. Your crush likes you. Woah," I stared in the mirror awestruck.

"(Y/N) Hargrove come down to the main office, (Y/N) Hargrove come down to the main office." The speaker spoke. I rushed down to the office and the secretary told me that some kid from the middle school called for me.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone.

"(Y/N), hi, we have never spoken before, but Mike said he needed you here to show you something so can you come to the A.V room now?" A boy with a lisp asked me.

"Uh, sure, but what's your name?" I asked him.

"Dustin," he responded. And with that I left to go to Hawkins Middle School.

Hi! It's me back with another chapter. This episode may be up to the 3 parts but I'm not completely sure yet. Next Sunday through the Saturday after I might have slower updates since I'm going to Florida for a bit, but I will try to update as much as possible so we can get to season 3. Bye guys! See you all in the next part. ~Crixbabyy. 🌸