The Black Death

"Is this the end of the world?" John wonders as he digs a hole in the ground with his hands, his black gloves rancid and covered in blood.

Is he going to be next? Why not? After all, no one left from his family is alive and here he is, putting his younger brother in a deep pit 6 feet under. Pausing to look at the face of his dead brother, John cleans off the blood around his brother's eyes. His skin turning from deathly white to a pale brown with huge black marks like rotten cheese in his face, acid oozing out of both of his ears.

"I'm sorry my dear brother, I hope I see you on the other side," John whispers, his voice tainted with emotion.

Seeing his brother for the final time becomes interrupted by the fear that he can be next to die. He quickly pushes down the decomposing corpse of his brother, covering the pit with soil before he stands up, a tear in his eye threatening to fall.

"But it doesn't matter now," he sighs, glancing up at the dark sky as he feels death among the air. His gaze moved to the scene around him of people burying the dead and others setting fires in the roads to keep rats out of the church, a place of God that has turned into a horrifying graveyard.

After looking at the dreadful sight and asking himself why he's here in the first place, the voices of soldiers gain his attention, "here! put them down here."

He turns his head to see three soldiers coming towards him carrying another chariot filled with more dead bodies, "here are others we found nearby," one soldier comments. The other two quickly lift up the chariot to dump the new bodies, severed limbs, animal corpses, and even a newborn baby scattered in the gruesome mix.

"Hurry up and bury them too," they command to John, the soldier looks at a man standing next to John, ordering him to help as well.

"More and more, when is this going to be over?" John speaks, causing one of the soldiers to scowl at him.

"Do your job! Or you will join him." They order both men to bury the new bodies underneath the church closest to God as they believe the Lord will answer them soon. Why not? Aren't we all his children and here they are, dying one by one.

It took several hours but John has reached his final moments, The Black Plague this time summons death to take him.

He is finally going to join his family on the other side, feeling their agony and the agony everyone has faced in this epidemic, as they call it "plague from hell" some even suggest naming it "The Black Death". Some believe it is a punishment from God himself...But I wonder why I'm not sad? Is it because I walked through all dead bodies made me one of them? And see the final moments of everyone I meet? Or is it...Is this my final breath? I can't feel anything anymore...Yes, I see them coming towards me, I see the...

Around 80% of the world is dead because of the disastrous mortal disease known as the Black Death. Spreading rapidly across all continents, all kingdoms, the deadliest event happening in the history of mankind. Death is everywhere, from animals to humans, rich and poor, South to North all suffer the same wicked fate. As if the Reaper himself hungers for them all as if God was angry from all sins committed.

No one knows how The Black Death came about, all they know is as the sun rises up each dawn, death rises up with it. or how exactly humans survived because all history from each place spoke same told us a tale some belief some not. People fled to another continent by sneaking inside skyships, nearly a century after humans left, something told them to return to the continent. Though strangely enough, everything was perfectly fine. So they have begun building a new home right over the top of the old one

"Yes, that is a weird thing right? What happened to the plague? But by far the strangest mystery is who helped them? And where is this continent Repinsa that the history was talked about? Why there is no map for it today? Was all of this real? 5 centuries later, and here we are a divided 4 kingdoms in the south once we were a great nation before the calamity."

"...As I told you all of this before but now I will tell you a new secret I said there are 4 kingdoms in South right?"

"Yes tell me, brother!"

"The 5th one was taken so tell me, you want to hear about it?" the small boy wearing his fancy pajamas softly moved close to his big brother in their bed with fear in his voice he says, "yes t-t-tell me."

"THEY WERE EATEN BY RATS," Jake blurts out with a scary voice, making his little brother tremble, tears in his blue eyes.

"Nooo," he screams with his childish voice before jumping into his brother's arms.

"Protect me Zake I hate the yats" he pleas while Jake laughs at him.

"Okay, okay, haha they're rats, not yats but don't worry, I'm here," Jake assures, hugging Sam.

The young boy's facial expression softens into a happy one again after hearing his brother would be by his side and making him feel safe by checking the massive bedroom for any rats. Looking towards his left, searching around the windows then slowly turning his head to check for them in the hall by the door. "I hate the yats, they are evil animals. Anyway, Zake tell me what happened to the 5th kingdom?"

"Well it is getting late, it is time for you to sleep. I will tell you rest of the story tomorrow, my little Prince," as Jake slowly begins getting up off of Prince Sam's bed, he puts small stuffed bears and dolls around Sam with a slight smile on his

"Now see little Prince, you have your guards right here, you don't worry, they will protect you all night from..." with his hands he tickles both of Sam's sides, "RATS!" Sam squeals mixed with laughter from the two of them.

"Nooo!"

"Alright, hush, we will wake your father the king, and he may hang my head for this so please go to sleep now." Jake rises to his feet, preparing to leave the room, "O.K. brother, are you going to be here tomorrow? You promised me to teach me riding my little horse Piko," Sam asks.

Jake turns back to face him with a smile, "yes I will. Sleep well and have nice dreams," he answers quietly before he slowly blew out the torch and finally leaving the room.