TWO

As my ship was zooming through space, a notification popped up in my holographic screen. Apart of me wanted to ignore it, however, it could be something important. It could, however, be someone important.

The letter icon still remained present, anticipating that I click on it. Sighing in defeat, I accepted the notification. To my disgust, it was actually Peter Quill calling me instead. Ugh. I can't believe I was fooled by a fucking Guardian.

"Listen, I know why you're doing this!" Peter spoke through the screen. "And, I get it."

"Oh, really?" I asked, raising my eyebrow while rolling my eyes. "There's nothing to 'get' Star-Hoe. I like it and it's fun!"

"First of all, language! And, second, it's Star-Lord." He corrected while narrowing his eyes. I couldn't help but let out a heartless laugh. Does this guy seriously think he can reason with me? Pfft! Pathetic. "And, third, if you really love stealing, then why haven't you stolen the Rainbow Gemstone, yet?"

I flinched slightly. The Rainbow Gemstone was a thief's dream. It gave you everything you desired, however, there was a cost. The cost was that it would affect someone else's life greatly.

Whether it be a stranger, friend, foe or family member, it would hurt them negatively. It really depended on what you wanted. But, that gemstone won't help me. It would do more harm than good. Besides, it's hard to find.

"Not everyone wants that shit!" I retorted.

"I wanted that shit," Peter replied, examining my expression. "Past me would've been searching for that shit right now."

I tensed up a little. If he keeps interrogating me like this, I might just accidentally spill out the truth. And, to be honest, that's not what I want. It's none of their business anyway, so why would they care?

"Y-you know what?! This conversation is over!" I scoffed. As I reached for the disconnect button, another notification blared through my ears. One of my engines broke down while I was talking to Peter. Damn it! He was distracting me.

I knew I shouldn't have answered that video call. I knew I should've just left it to ring while heading to Charnile. With only one engine left, I wasn't sure if I'd make it. But, I still had to try.

Accelerating at full force, I managed to almost outrun them. However, sputtering noises from my broken engine got worse every time I moved. Soon enough, the ruptured motor let out its last breath before finally stopping. Now with only one remaining engine left, my ship became really wonky.

Navigating the best that I could, I somehow found myself falling into another planet. The planet was called Earth. I know I'm supposed to call it Terra, but through my childhood, I called it Earth.

The Earth's force began pulling me in, and the next thing you know the controls became hot. There was nothing left to do but just hold onto the seat as I fell forward.

Eventually, I saw tiny green, blue and colourful objects in my view. I've always wondered what's it like living on Earth, and now I get the chance. I just wish it wasn't in this circumstance.

The planet's force soon moved rapidly, causing me to only see blurs. Tightening my grip, I eventually closed my eyes and braced for impact. A loud boom was heard causing me to jolt upwards until coming towards a complete stop. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw the green stuff gently blowing through the glass.

And, that's when I realized I landed on Earth.

Oh fuck.

A/N: Finally! You arrived on Earth! Next stop, meeting Ned. Anyways, I just want to point out that Charnile is a fictitious planet I made up. The Rainbow Gemstone is also a fictitious gem I made up.