“Templar” Rett called and I blinked. “What’s wrong?” Rett probed and I shook my head. I didn’t want to tell him where my thoughts had wandered.

“The ring?” I asked and he held it out. A smile of relief spread over my face as I stared at the dazzling diamond. As I held out the my hand, Rett put it back in it’s place. Afterwards, Rett studied my hand and smiled jubilantly.

“It looks perfect as always” he whispered and then placed a kiss at the back of my hand.

As I felt blush creeping up my face, I shyly pulled my hand back and cleared my throat. “Sorry about losing this” I admitted, toying with the ring.

“You didn’t lose it. Jonathan removed it, when he had to clean your hands.” Rett told me and I nodded. I knew well and good that the doctor had to clean blood from my hands.

On the other hand, hearing that I had not lost the ring was a relief of some sort.

We sat in silence for few minutes until I decided to break it. I was about to ask him about the pack when Rett stood up and started unbuttoning his pale blue shirt. My mouth dropped open as I stared at his body. But unlike other times, I had no intention of jumping over him. This time I was satisfied with admiring him. It was still too early for that. And right now, kissing Rett made me jumpy so I didn’t even want to think how long it will take me to recover from everything.

“Join me for a swim” Rett asked boldly.

“Not in the mood” I replied shaking my head. That too was a first after a long time because water always calmed me down but now, I didn’t want to step into the water. There were many reasons actually. I never go for a swim during my periods, also something inside me was telling me not to go for a swim. I think it’s my wolf but I am not exactly sure. And truth to be told, I didn’t feel like the ocean was welcoming me either. Judging by the roaring waves, it felt like it was scorning me for what happened. That really wasn’t a good feeling.

I seriously wanted to remember everything that I did which is why, I closed my eyes.

Black.

Nothing else.

There was complete darkness and nothing else. No image, nothing.

“Templar” I opened my eyes to look at Rett who was crouching beside me. “What happened?” he asked, concern clearly visible in his pacific blue eyes.

“I… I cannot recall anything that I did in that one week” I mumbled swallowing audibly. “Every time I try… but nothing” I said pressing my index finger on my temple. “I want to know what I did but I cannot… I cannot” I said hopelessly.

“Hey” Rett said quietly, cupping my face in his large hands and compelling me to look at him. “It’s alright” Rett soothed and I shook my head.

“Not alright. Not alright at all. I… I want to know what happened. I want to know everything. I just cannot live like this in darkness. It’s making me hate myself. And I feel like everyone around me are scorning me too” I admitted nervously.

“I might have hurt so many wolves. What will they think of me?” I added with a gulp. Closing my eyes, I tried to throw that thought out of my head. Right now, wasn’t the time to think about that. Right now, I wanted to know what I did in that one missing week of my life.

As I looked at Rett, I found him lost in thoughts. Then suddenly, something flashed in his eyes before he looked back and said, “The Goddess.” I blinked not understanding what he said. “Only the Goddess can help you in this. You can recall any event connecting to your life with her help.” He said and then holding my arms he forced me to stand up. “If it’s bothering you, then I think you must learn the truth. The only way that can be possible is through meditating.” Rett pointed out.