Chapter 17

It took some convincing but we eventually got Alexandria to shift back. Everyone who showed up came and gave her hugs and welcomed her with open arms. " You did good." I turned to see Gabriel walking towards me.

I smiled and gave him a kiss. "All part of being an alpha."

We stared at one another until I heard the sound of wings. I looked up and saw Lissa fly over us. She looked distressed but when I tried to ask what was wrong, she just shook her head and flew away. "What's wrong?" Gabriel asked sounding concerned.

"I.... I don't know." I answered honestly. Lissa's actions has me worried that something is terribly wrong. But right now I need to deal with the rest of the pack.

We are going to have a party later tonight and let Alex get used to her new form and so our little group is going on a run around the territory until and hour before the party. We let everyone finish their congratulations and then me, Gabriel, Alexandria, Damon, Derek, Valerie, and a distant looking Stiles shifted and headed into the woods. We got to the very edge of the territory when Lissa called out to me 'Meet me at the neighboring pack territory quick!'

I immediately changed course and headed to the Black Diamond pack border and waited for Lissa. The others stopped and seemed a little nervous about the whole thing. Then Lissa came through the trees followed by three wolves and another phoenix. To say I was surprised when she turned into a human is an understatement. I was shocked! She had long blue hair, purple eyes, and a lean body. The other phoenix shifted too and stood by her side. He was cute but not like Gabriel.

"Don't hurt them," Lissa said. "They were captured and tortured by Michael and have information you might want to hear."

I studied Lissa for a while and looked at the rogues. Their human forms were skinny and dirty and they had wounds that seemed to be recent. Gabriel was unsure about them but I ignored him and welcomed them to the pack. I turned around and saw Stiles staring at the youngest girl in the group. She was our age with long auburn hair that looked like it had never washed since they were captured, and forest green eyes. I turned and looked back at Stiles and raised an eyebrow. He looked at me, ' Mate,' was all I got from him. I smiled and looked back at the girl. She was staring at Stiles, but when she saw me staring at her she looked away.

I walked over to her. " What's your name?"

" R- Rachel."

I held my hand out to Rachel, " Come on." She gave me a confused look but took my hand anyway. I led her over to Stiles who looked really nervous. I took his hand and placed hers in his. " Rachel, Stiles. Stiles, Rachel."

"H-hi." That was all Stiles could stammer out but Rachel surprised him by going to his side and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. He was stiff for a second but then he pulled her color to his side and kissed her head.

Alex and Valerie squealed in excitement and the guys just smiled. I clasped my hands together and smiled. I turned to other rogues, "Lets get you guys some food and new clothes. You can sleep and then tomorrow you can tell us what you know." They nodded and we all shifted and headed back to the pack house. All the way there Rachel stayed right next to Stiles and I knew he wouldn't have it any other way.

Hey guys, I know it's short but it's the best I can do right now, and I've been busy with school and everything so updates will be up when I have free time. We only have a few more chapters to go and I just wanted to thank all of you who have read and voted on this book.