"I made su-,"

I kept my smile and tilted my head slightly, the other people around us slowly stopped in their tracks to listen to our conversation. Making a scene in front of employees was not my forte but then again, I was used to my old employees who didn't stop and stare but carried on working. I suppose there is a certain beauty in being surrounded by the same people for so long—they just know what to do and what not to do.

"An hour, Mr Evans," I pushed the folder back in his hand then turned to the right side where I caught a few of them with a smirk on their faces. "Back to work," I said with a stern voice then left.

Maybe I did miss being a twatty boss. But that was all because I liked things done in a certain way, at a certain time. When that was not achieved, I brought out my tough side, the one that I had to keep in hiding for a while because it wasn't needed. But damn, did it feel good to be an asshat again?!

My office was not the same. I missed the double doors, the cameras, the buzz in doors. One thing that may have had the chance to outdo my London building was the view. The top floor provided the most gorgeous view ever, the city beneath me always buzzed from life and that was something I couldn't find in London. I didn't mind that, however. I enjoyed my home city better in that sense. New York was way too hectic for me, at least it was for the first four-to-five months. I somewhat got used to this place never sleeping and I have also been faced with one too many robberies and random people walking around with their guns in the back of their jeans.

Although that may have been due to the fact that I got lost the first time I went out and had no idea how to find my way back. Which was how I got lost in the first place and found myself in one of those areas that are shown in movies and told in stories. It gave me the creeps and I have never been so fucking scared in my life. My whole body was shaking and my mind went crazy with potential scenarios that could unfold right in front of me which made me super emotional and left me with teary eyes. Being out in the dark in a place where you have never been before and didn't know your way around was definitely in the top three scariest situations ever.

"Miss Kensington," two knocks after the door to my office opened and I was welcomed by the lovely face of my PA. I had no choice but to drag Liam out with me, there was no way in fucking hell I was going to look for another assistant. Miss Jones found herself a perfectly suitable one for the time being as well although she made sure I knew she will not take my spot at the London HQ forever.

"Is it another failure? If so, please deal with it—I can't face anymore mistakes today."

"I would say it's quite the opposite," he smiled. I raised my eyebrow curiously and watched him walk all the way up to my desk. He then dropped a folder in front of me and twisted it around so I could read it. "The final agreement, signed and dated, indicating that both headquarters are secure and unless stated otherwise by the CEO of the company—Miss Renleigh Sage Kensington—, neither of them can be shut down or taken over by the individuals who helped to open this office. This one piece of paper also confirms that you're at the top of the chain with Miss Danielle Jones as your temporary back up for both headquarters." 

"Ah, wonderful," I grinned as I read over the paper at the same time Liam confirmed it in words. "Really pleased with this, Mr Payne. You worked quick and got them to sign it faster than I could have managed to achieve this with all the newbies slowing me down and keeping me from meeting deadlines."

"I'll take that as a thank you and I'll be on my way," he smiled and nodded a little, his response made me smirk and I sighed as I placed the piece of paper back in its place. "Oh, one more thing—the Aston Martin you bought the other day? They're dropping it off here in fifteen minutes and I heard there is a special gift coming with it."