Chapter 6 - Payal!

Start from the beginning

Arnav nodded.

"You will make her brush her teeth ok?" Khushi said.

Arnav nodded again like an obedient student to his teacher.

Khushi glanced at him, "Don't you have anything to share with me?"

Arnav nodded.

"Stop nodding everytime, will you?" she gritted her teeth irritated.

"Relax Khushi.." Arnav's eyes widen seeing her this angry avatar which is more like his personality!

"Tell me.. Do you have anything to explain me why you left me on mandap that day other than Amma being the other woman in your father's life excuse?" she asked.

"Sit here.. I will tell you everything that happened on that day.." Arnav said.

Khushi sat beside him still there was a distance between them.

Arnav started narrating everything that happened on past.

Khushi's eyes were moist on hearing what he had gone through by his evil uncle, and then him being paralyzed after that incident.

She looked at him shocked, "All this happened and you didn't inform me? You went to London like that? Didn't you feel I had the right to know about what happened to you?"

"Khushi I was wrong in letting myself be manipulated by Dadi's emotional talk, I really abandoned you in our marriage day when I promised to never leave your hand.. I let others win over our love.. Just because Arvind Malik almost killed me and brought me to paralyzed state doesn't mean I'm victim of this story Khushi.. If I came back at that moment, and you saw me in that state.. Then you with your selfless nature would have forgave me so easily.. You would have forgotten that I was ready to leave you for my mother, and would take care of me day and night.. If I let you forgive me at that time because of my state, then it would be selfishness from my side Khushi and not love.. You should forgive me when you feel like forgiving me and not when I'm sick or something else.. During that Shyam's fiasco, I literally forced you to forgive me.. then I called you the biggest mistake of my life, still you forgave me easily.. this time no Khushi, this time I'm giving you all rights to punish me the way you want and if you forgive me or not, it totally depends on you!" Arnav said with tears slipping from his eyes.

Khushi heard him patiently, she stare at him with only tears flowing from her eyes thinking about the years they lost separated from each other.

"We lost our moments.." Khushi cried bitterly and started beating him on his chest, "We lost everything Arnav.. Why didn't you call me for once? Who do you think you're to take decisions for me? Do you know how much I kept cursing you and you were there lying on hospital bed fighting for your life? Do you know how much I hate to even hear your name all these years and there in London you only thought about me? Do you know how much your kids missed you? How much they asked me for you but I couldn't give them their Papa? Why Arnav? Why.. If only you called once, then you would have known that I was pregnant.. You would have known that you're a father of two babies.."

"I did call.." he said.

"No, you didn't.." Khushi argued frowning, while her eyes were all welled up.

"I did.. not you, but Akash!" Arnav said.

"Jija ji?" Khushi asked confused, "Then why didn't he told anyone here about you?"

"I told him not to.. I was not sure Khushi if I would be fine or not, you know it was not easy for me to be paralyzed, I was the one who provided everything for my family, I took care of them and their needs, I worked to earn for them only.. and then suddenly I couldn't even walk, do you know how helpless and depressed I felt that moment? I didn't want any of you to look at me with pity, that would be the worst feeling for me.. That Arnav Singh Raizada who could make the world dance to his tunes, can't even move his legs now!" Arnav said, "Anyways, I was telling you after few months of accepting my reality that I was paralyzed, I called Akash and told him everything that happened with me.. I told him not to disclose anything to you all, because I knew you and Di would panic and wouldn't bear to hear this news.. I just told him to take care of you all in my absence.."