Chapter 3 - Main Tera ladla!

Gupta house..
Arnav knocked the door reluctantly as he didn't know how Gupta would welcome him after six long years.

"Garima go and see who is it at the door.." he heard Buaji shouting.

"I'm just going.." Garima shouted back and rushed to open the door only to get shocked at the view, "Aap.."

"Can I come in?" Arnav asked.

"No, there's no place people like you here.." Garima sternly replied.

"I know you're angry with me.."

"Angry?! I didn't even wish to see your face again in my life.. Not for what you've done with me, but with my Khushi.. You destroyed her Arnav Singh Raizada.. you destroyed my daughter's life.. meri bachi (Garima let out a sob) what has she done to you? Why you always punished her for no fault of hers? What did she do to you to deserve this? To be abandoned on her marriage day? Do you even know what people spoke about her? They called her a curse! They blamed her for everything when reality was different.. If you had problem with me regarding your past, then you should have talked and solved the matter with me and not include my daughter in all this and spoil her life like you did.. Everything is over now.. There's nothing left to talk and you can leave!" Garima glared at him.

"If I've done wrong to Khushi, then you guys are not saint either.. Wasn't Khushi blamed by you all when Payal's marriage broke with that Abhishek? Weren't you guys who decided to hide Shyam's truth till Payal's marriage with Akash? Weren't you guys who didn't support your daughter when I married her? She has done everything for your happiness, but you all always loved and cared only for Payal.. Payal's happiness was what mattered for you all, never Khushi's! I was the who destroyed Khushi's life, but indirectly your selfishness destroyed Khushi's life too.." Arnav frowned.

Garima stood in silence-guilt for a while, Arnav sighed, "Can we talk? I seriously didn't came to fight with you.. I know I've done wrong to Khushi more than anyone here.. So please let me amend my mistakes!"

Garima nodded looking away and let him come inside. Arnav walked in and greeted Buaji who glared at him and taunted loudly, "Did you came to marry Titaliya? I'm sorry no one waits in mandap for six years!"

Arnav kept quiet and sat on the couch, while Buaji left from there angrily.

Garima sat with him and asked with emotionless look, "So tell me what you have to say?"

"You're not the woman my father was having an affair with.." Arnav said.

"No, I'm not.. If you had asked me that day, I would have explained you everything and all this wouldn't have happened.." Garima said.

"Your father was not a good man, he had affairs with other women and hide this from your mother.. I was.."

"I know.. I know everything.." Arnav said and placed his hand over Garima's, "I'm sorry for everything you went through.."

"You don't need to say sorry.. It wasn't your fault.." Garima shook her head wiping away her tears as once again she got reminded of that terrible and horrifying past of hers, then she looked at Arnav confused: How do you know about it if your Dadi lied to you about me?

"I will tell you.." he said staring at nothing in particular.

Flashback..
Arshi marriage day..

Arnav was getting ready happily on his room as finally today Khushi would be his wife.. Not his for sake of contract wife! He would finally love and take care of her as he had imagined before the terrace scene. He promised to himself to trust her more than himself and she promised to never leave his side.. He would finally get married to the woman he loves!