Nurture

A faint sound of anklets was becoming quite distinct and clearer gradually. He was quite aware of the person who could be approaching him but was skeptical to turn around to look at her.

Shweth tilted his head and came out of his embrace. The little calf was wise enough to understand the concepts of intrusion and privacy.

Krishna shut his eyes to contain his anxiety and rumbling emotions.
Standing behind him she placed her hands on his eyes as gesture to guess the person.

"Aree! Teertha! Why are you teasing me?" he questioned playfully.

Radha rolled her eyes and moved before him. She looked into his orbs which lost the usual twinkle. His smile covered an ocean of remorse, she realised that the rumour that spread like a wildfire in the village was indeed true.

"Madhav! I have only one name and it's high time you start using it and not calling me by the names of your other girlfriends" she said in a jealous tone.

She made herself comfortable beside him.

Krishna looked in a direction without focusing his attention on any object and Radha kept looking at the sky. The breeze moved slower in a more composed manner.

Radha broke the silence after a lot of time and said " Madhav!" She moved him by his shoulder gesturing him to lean in front and removed the grass and mosses stuck on his bare back.

Krishna stroke the strand of her hair that inturuppted him from looking into her big petal like eyes.

"Priye! Do you think a man can have two mothers? How do you think I can share my love for my mother?" He questioned.

" There can only exist one mother Madhav" replied Radha making Krishna bring his both eyebrows together in confusion.

" I have decided that I cannot abandon either of them Radha. Ever since I can remember anything, Yashoda maa has been the only one I have always considered as my mother. Now, I have started feeling immense pain in my heart for a woman who is my mother as they say. Do you think I will be able to do equal justice to her?" questioned Krishna hesitantly.

"We all can have only one mother and that is mother Earth who is a nurturer. Every woman is a manifestation of her" replied Radha.

Krishna felt a sense of relief in his mind. The storm that ensued in his soul seemed to come to a state of rest. Only she had the power to have a perfect answer to the numerous questions of his mind.

She rested her head on his shoulder and said " Besides let me tell you a fact Lord Vasudev Krishna, my Madhav is not capable of committing any act of injustice. I know you might not know this but he has the most purest heart in the universe".

She moved away from his shoulder as something caught her attention and she exclaimed "Madhav" with a twinkle in her eye showing him a tiny white bud between the herbs.

He smiled at the fact that she could get fascinated at very regular things.

"Why do you call me Madhav priye?" he questioned now trying not to breathe her scent which was overpowering his senses.

I first saw a lad with a frown on his face,
He gaped angrily at his brother who had a mace.
His orbs were volumes darker than the clouds before rain.
He often quarrelled with women for butter but his efforts went in vain.
Jumping in the puddles and ringing the neck bells of cattle,
And snuggling behind his mother like a faultless one often left my mind in a baffle.
Cases of him robbing clothes and breaking pots often were proven false.
Maybe this was the reason I never complained about him winking at me and dancing on waltz.
Could I call this honey pot of mine anything else but Madhav?

Radha did not let the heavy tears that were ready to fall any moment move down from her eyes.

Krishna felt that every word of hers showed him a glimpse of void that awaited for him.

" Nobody can ever address me with such love ever Priye" he spoke with a smile though his heart was ripping apart.

Radha couldn't cry before him neither could she stop her tears.

Radha ran away from his sight.

********

A/N:
Hey guys! It's been long I updated this.
The updates are going to be slow as I am facing a major block writing this.
I am getting emotional and not able to frame sentences.
But nevertheless I will try to update quickly.

Do share your thoughts.

Melancholic EcstasyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara