Is This Fate?

He finally made it home, tossing his cap on the counter after being greeted by his dog Rapmon.

"Hey boy! Did you miss me? Yeah... That's a good boy! You hungry?"

Rapmon jumped up on Namjoon with his tail wagging like crazy.

Namjoon went to the pantry to get a few cups of dog food to place in Rapmon's dish. He immediately started chowing down as Namjoon also filled his water bowl.

He walked away leaving Rapmon to finish his feast and collapsed on the couch looking through his mail which was mostly bills and a few pieces of junk.

He checked his cell phone to see if he missed any messages or calls. He had one new text from Jin asking if he was coming by his place that night for the group dinner.

He responded to confirm then placed his phone on the coffee table and relaxed on the couch to take a quick nap.

Rapmon came over and lied beside him on the floor to keep Namjoon company. A few minutes later they were both out like a light.

An hour or two later Namjoon awoke to the sound of his preset alarm. The loud siren ringtone was enough to wake anyone from the dead.

He jumped up from the couch to go to the bathroom and wash up. Rapmon was over in the corner of the living room playing with a plush toy looking very content.

Namjoon scrubbed his face before shaving then brushed his teeth. Afterwards he went into his bedroom flipping the switch to cut the lights on and pulled a fresh pair of slacks and a buttoned down shirt out of the closet.

Jin always appreciated if the guys put some effort into their appearance when coming to the group dinners at his condo. He took pride in producing fine dining so why not dress the part as well.

Namjoon checked his watch for the time-- he had about 45 minutes to get there so he grabbed his things, gave Rapmon some pets and a snack then rushed out the door.

Luckily, Jin only lived about 10 minutes away on foot so Namjoon would be there in no time flat.

As he turned the corner he bumped into someone on accident causing them to drop their belongings.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! Forgiveness please!" She said as she bowed.

"It's alright. Please don't worry." He knelt down to help pick up her things.

He did a double take noticing that it was the girl from earlier that day.

"Hey! Fancy seeing you again."

She looked at him and her eyes lit up.

"Oh hey! Ha, I guess we were meant to bump into each other again after all."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Haha."

He handed her the papers she dropped and they both stood to their feet.

"Well, thanks again. I appreciate it."

"Absolutely. No problem."

She suddenly stood back checking him out from head to toe.

"Wow!" She said aloud.

"What? What's the matter?" He looked down at his clothing.

"Huh? Oh! Nothing you just, you look great. Black is definitely your color."

"Oh crap, did I just say that out loud?" She thought to herself.

"Hahaha. Well, thank you."

"You're welcome. Is there a special occasion? Sorry if I'm being nosy."

"No, no. You're fine. Just meeting my friends for dinner. It's something we do once a week to catch up with each other."

"Ah. Sounds nice. Uh, well don't let me hold you up. You better get going." She said.

"Yeah. But um, where are you headed now?" He asked.

"Home. It's not far, just around this corner."

His eyes widened, "Do you live at the Brown Suites?"

"Uh, yeah." She said with a raised brow.

"Is this fate or what?" He thought to himself.

"I live there as well." He said displaying his dimpled smile for her again.

"No way! What a coincidence. What floor are you on?"

"25th."

"Me too!"

"Really? Wow, we're neighbors." He said as his eyes now lit up.

"Yeah. That's cool!"

For a brief moment there was an awkward silence as they looked at each other nervously.

"Well... Haha. I better go. I have 15 minutes to be there. My friend is very anal about punctuality."

"Okay. Have a good time. See you later I guess!"

"Alright. Have a great night!"

"Thanks!"

As they passed each other going in opposite directions Namjoon stopped then turned to ask the young lady a question...

"Excuse me, ma'am?"

She turned around to see what he needed, "Yeah?"

"What-- That is, may I ask what your name is?"

"Asia. My name is Asia."

"Asia. Beautiful name."

"Thanks. And may I know whom you are?"

"Oh sorry, I'm Namjoon."

"Pleasure to meet you Namjoon."

He stared at her smiling like a Cheshire cat.

"You better get going before you're late!"

"Hahaha. Yeah. Okay, good night!"

"Night." She said with a friendly grin.