Seven: Confused Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

I let go of her and we both smile at each other. "Okay. Let's go." I sigh, (y/n) gets up and so do I. We go down the ladder and back into the house. Then we go back into my room, and both sit down on my bed. I look at her, realizing she was still wearing my sweatshirt. Should I try and get my sweatshirts back? I could just get it back later.

"I'm gonna get ready for bed." (y/n) grabs her clothes and goes into my bathroom. I think I want to sleep with her next to me, just for tonight. Because I don't think I should anymore. It'll be okay though, right? She comes back out I go in to change into some more comfortable clothes for bed, too. I walk out and she's sitting on her phone. She looks up and smiles at me, I smile best I can. She runs up to me and hugs me. I hug her back.

"Thank you for everything, Asher. I know right now isn't the best time to say and it should've been said forever ago. I love you so much." She said and sighed heavily.

Overused phrase at this point, isn't it? I look into her eyes and smile, then put my head on her shoulder. I wanted to cry, again. "And, you don't have to say it back. I know I'm putting you through a lot. I know you Asher. Right now you're unhappy. And I'm sorry. But just let me know that you love me too every once in awhile, okay?" (y/n) let's out a small laugh. I squeeze her tight, tears forming in my eyes. I can't do this.

"I love you so much more. You'll never understand. But it's okay. I'll be okay as long as you're happy. Let's go to bed. I'm tired." I let go and turn away to turn off the lights. I wipe my eyes and lie down on my bed.

"Asher?" (y/n) says sitting on the other side.

I look over at her as she stares at the ground, she looked upset. "Yeah?"

"Where do you want me to sleep tonight?" She looks over at me and shrugs slightly. "I-I can go and sleep in the guest room if you want." She sighs. "Whatever you're okay with." She continues to stare at the ground.

She didn't look happy. I want her happy. But how do I keep her happy if I can't do the same for myself? "Here. With me." I say a little undecidedly.

She looks back up at me with a confused look on her face. "Are you sure?"

"No, but yes." I sigh and smile. "Just come here, please?" (Y/n) smiles and nods. She covers up and lays close to me. I wanted to hold her so badly. I looked into her eyes and she looked into mine.

"Goodnight Ash." She says closing her eyes and covering her face with the blanket.

"Goodnight angel." I respond softly. She giggles.

"Maybe someday I will be, Angel. Just maybe." She says in a soft tone, then scooting a little closer to me. I didn't exactly understand what she was saying at first, but I realize what she meant. I smile widely. (Y/n) Angel. I like that. We both fall asleep, with a little distance in between us.

Your P.O.V
It was morning. You fell asleep with Asher next to you, even with everything that happened. You were surprised he even forgave you. But he did. You didn't know if it was even good for his mental health that he did. But he seemed happy towards the end of your night, and you were happy. You realize your head was laying on Asher's lap as he sat up on his phone. Your hand rested on his lap. You felt his fingers run through your hair as he played with it. You hear him start to sing quietly.

(Can't Help Falling in Love | Song by: Elvis Presley)

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you." He sighs and takes a deep breath.
"Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?"

The song he was singing was one of your favorites, and one of his. He sung around you a lot. You loved it. His voice was just amazing to you. He continues to sing while playing with your hair, not knowing you were awake yet. Then his hand goes on top of yours, still singing. You smile to yourself and let his fingers intertwine with yours. You give them a small squeeze and you hear him chuckle.

"Good morning (y/n)." He cooed. "I'm surprised you didn't wake up earlier. I got up and took a shower, hoping you wouldn't wake up and get mad or anything." He chuckles. "Then I decided just to sit back on the bed, not wanting to disturb you."

You turn to smile at him. "Good morning. Amazing singing by the way." You giggle.

"You were awake when I was singing?" He chuckles and his face gets slightly red.

"I know you would've stopped if you knew I was awake." You sit up next to him, he smiles. "What time is it anyways?" You say as you yawn and stretch a little.

"It's 10:30." He looks up at you and smiles. You open your eyes wide.

"I literally thought it was like 8 or 9. Oh well. Be right back." You go into the bathroom to get ready for the day and shower.

-
After you were done it was about 11:15. Asher wasn't in the room so you went to go and look for him. You see him in the kitchen with an apron on, he was making something.

You walk up behind him and wrap your arms around him. He jumps and turns around. Then he sighs and chuckles. "You scared me, (y/n)."

"Sorry, whatcha making?" You ask letting go and laughing.

"I'm making pancakes and scrambled eggs for you. Homemade pancakes." He smiles proudly and flips two pancakes. He laughs. "I don't know. Breakfast? Lunch?"

"Brunch." You smile and laugh with him. "Aren't you making anything for yourself?"

"Yeah. Just the same thing." He grabs the pancakes and puts them on a plate, along with the scrambled eggs and hands it to you.

"You're so sweet Asher." You put the plate on the counter and hug him.

"That's what best friends are for." He holds you tight. He lets go and grabs a fork, some butter and syrup for you, then starts cooking for himself. You sit on the stool across the counter from him. You continue to watch him as he cooks. He looks up and smiles at you.

"What?" He chuckles.

"Nothing." You smile and start eating. He stands waiting for his food.

"What do you want to do today?" He asks as he flips his pancakes.

You sigh and close your eyes, thinking. "I really don't know. Anything you want to do?"

"Do you wanna go down to the park down the street? Then we can go find an ice cream place or something if you want." He asks with a small smile across his face.

You smile and look down. "Sure. I think it'll be fun." You look back up to see him smiling a lot bigger. You laugh and continue eating. He finishes cooking and sits next to you with his plate, taking off his apron.

You both finish your food and put the dishes away. You both grab your phones and put your shoes on.

"Let's go ash." You laugh as he slowly walks towards the door on his phone.

"Hang on I'm checking something." He stands next to you and reaches for your hand with his phone in the other. You hold his hand and smile. He turns off his phone and smiles back at you. "Okay, let's go." He opens the door and lets you out first, then you both walk out the door on your way to the park.

-
-
-
-
-
word count: 2079
-
i'm so bad at updating i'm so so sorry lmao