Chapter [3]: Asher

||At School||
Two Weeks Later

< Colby's POV:

"Hey Colby~" Asher, captain of the football team/jocks sang as he walked over with his jock 'friends' following after. The jocks surrounded me near the lockers making me shrink down as fear filled me. Asher was my main bully aside from everyone else and for some reason despised me. He had a really bad temper to top it off.

"Answer, faggot!" He yelled and slammed me against the lockers quite harshly if I say so myself. "H-Hi! Hi." I yelped, wincing in pain when he shoved my chest. "Gosh I hate the stutter. Control it!" He groaned again and slapped me across the face hard.

"I c-can't." I whispered as I held my cheek that was turning red by every moment that past. Yet I really couldn't, my stutter always happened when I'm scared, crying or just nervous. Now, I'm terrified.

Asher punched me in the face leaving me with a bloody nose and a sore cheek. "Stupid fag!" He yelled again before they all started hitting me.

Then, they kicked me in the stomach and I screamed in pain as I curled into a ball, shielding my face with my arms. I tried to crawl away but before I could get an farther, one of the jocks stomped down on my back forcing me to stop.

As they were about to continue, the bell rang. "You're lucky, dipshit. At least this time.." Asher said through gritted teeth before huffing. The 'gang' walked away leaving me limp on the ground.

I lay there, clutching my stomach as I sobbed in horrific pain and sadness. I had had enough for the day, so what more could be thrown at me? The sounds of footsteps approaching me made me stiffen before a hand was placed down on my shoulder. And I snapped.

"L-Leave me alone!" I screamed, slapping the person with all my force. Yet it was all out of instinct.

I gasped once I realized it was Brennen. I had just slapped Brennen Taylor. "I-I'm s-so sorry-" I started but he cut me off before I could finish my said sentence. "You piece of shit, I was trying to help you! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He yelled in fury and hurt filled me although it shouldn't have.

"Figures why you don't have any friends. Pathetic." He scoffed and backed away as a people crowded around us. I stared at him in shock and pure sadness before running out the school. Someone finally wanted to help me and I screwed it up. I'm a screw up.

I ran home in tears and up to my bedroom before taking out my journal. I grabbed a pencil and wrote down my emotions and thoughts.

Someone finally cared for me today. It was Brennen Taylor, the new student. Ha, surprising isn't it. He tried to help me after Asher and the rest beat me up but I screwed up and slapped him in return. I never intended to do it, but I was scared and wasn't thinking. I'm a 'piece of shit' was what he called me. I don't know why it hurt.

I've received even worse and it had stopped bothering me. What they all say was true so I just take it. I can't stop it anyways. I might have also ruined the only chance of having a friend or at least someone who could care at least the slightest bit. I guess life hates me just like the rest.

~Colby.

I shut my journal as more tears streamed down my face before I decided to get some sleep.

~~~~~~
(623 words)
I know it's a little short but I'll try to make them longer!
🥀