chapter two

As the sisters walked into the house their father came rushing in.

"Oh thank god" he said giving the young girl a hug.

"I was only gone for one hour"

"Yeah-yeah you were gone for two hours" Jess said to her.

"Oh, I didn't even realize" she responded biting her lip nervously, an apologetic look fell on her face.

"Well since your here, let us eat" her dad said to the two girls.

The small family ate pizza, since they just moved in. "So I saw Yeah-yeah with boys," Jess said looking at her father. "Does anyone want salad" Jason said looking at his daughters with an awkward face.

"So boys" he added "Are they cute" giving her a smirk

"So boys" he added "Are they cute" giving her a smirk. Yeah-yeah rolled her eyes at her father's antics. "Oh they so are" her sister butted in. "Plus there was this kid making googly eyes at her" she added.

Oh my god.

"Ooo what's his name" Jason said looking back at his youngest daughter. "It's Alan McClennan, but get this; they call him Yeah-yeah" the older girl said.

The girls father fake gasped putting his hand on his chest. "B-but that's your nickname," this is when the young girl spoke up "Yeah-yeah, i know, now can we please stop talking about this" the strawberry blonde huffed.

"I wonder if they have any older brothers," Jess said putting her hand under her chin. "Jesus, jesus christ" Yeah-yeah said looking at her sister in disgust.

"That's digusting Jess," their dad said looking up from his salad. As the small family finished Yeah-yeah grabbed the empty plates and set them in the dishwasher.

Her older sister put the pizza and salad in the fridge for the next day. Their dad had began washing the dishes.

Yeah-yeah and Jess each went to their rooms. Yeah-yeah had gone to her room still admiring it. She had a photo of her entire family. Her mom was in it. They were at the beach.

The photo was taken when she was six, her sister being nine. They had their biggest smiles on their faces. Her mom was hugging their dad and the girls were in the middle of them.

That day her mom helped Yeah-yeah build a sandcastle. She had a photo of the two behind the sandcastle. That photo was on her drawer.

Even at the age of six she could remember that day vividly. The young strawberry blonde held the photo to her chest as she she sat on the floor. She quietly cried sitting up against the wall now.

Jess had passed by her room again looking in and seeing the poor girl in this state. She knew exactly why. The older girl walked into the room holding her baby sister in her arms.

Ever since their mom died Jess was extremely overprotective. It was because of the way her mom died.

Leaving the wife and mother of two to die alone. The older Mayfield had accompanied her sister to go even to her friends house ever since then. He couldn't help it he just didn't want to lose someone else that was important to her.

During this moment her dad cane into her room hearing cries. His face softened even more than it was seeing his daughters in this crying state. He grabbed a hold of the two holding them, letting them cry on him.

"It's okay" he said shushing their cries. He didn't know why they were crying at first until he saw the photo of Yeah-yeah and her mom.

"I-i-i miss h-her so much" Jess said holding onto her dad for comfort. "I know, I know, I do to" tears brimming in his eyes as he said this but he couldn't cry, for them.

After a while the younger Mayfield sister had began to drift off into a deep sleep as did the older Mayfield. Jess walked to her room tiredly and her father closed Yeah-yeah's door behind him.

He watched his older daughter with tears in his eyes as he thought about his late wife. The girls looked exactly like her. The girls had their mother's eyes, hair color, but Jess had her mom's button nose. And Yeah-yeah had her father's nose. But both of the girls had an exact replica of her smile. The smile would be wide, showing of their white teeth.

He closed his oldest daughter's bedroom door heading off to his room.

As the clock struck seven am the Mayfield family stirred awake

As the clock struck seven am the Mayfield family stirred awake. They each did their own thing.

The young strawberry blonde girl had walked to her drawers tiredly grabbing some clothes. She grabbed a white and red baseball jersey with the name MAYFIELD in big black letters. Pairing it with light washed jeans and her PF Flyers. She chose her LA Dogers blue baseball cap to go along with the outifit.

Afterwards she grabbed her backpack with her school supplies and headed toward the kitchen.

Jess looked at her outfit, studying it. The two Mayfield girls had very different styles. Yeah-yeah had a more casual outfit choice, while Jess had a more elegant choice of style.

Today the older Mayfield had worn a black tight shirt that was tucked into her floral skirt. She paired this with a baby blue purse and a cream colored shoes.

"It's....okay" Jess said as if Yeah-yeah was asking for approval. Her dad was in the kitchen making them eggs and bacon.

"Oh sorry we dont all have your great style" she said sarcastically not looking away from her book in her hands. Jess rolled her eyes in response, which Yeah-yeah could basically feel.

Jason placed the two plates infront of the girls. He sat on the opposite side of the girls. "So, you nervous" he said. Yeah-yeah chewed her food as she shrugged to him. "Nope" Jess said confidently.

A few mintes later Jason looked at his watch which read 07:31. "Alright time to go" he stated. Yeah-yeah put on her backpack as Jess went to put the dishes in the sink.

Yeah-yeah went back to her room grabbing her skateboard. She had walked to the front door again. "Do you have your lunch" Jason yelled to each of the girls. The two looked back and nodded in unison.

Yeah-yeah skated to school

Yeah-yeah skated to school. The strawberry blondes chatted away until they reached their schools. Yeah-yeah was first to arrive at school.

San Fernando Middle School was big, but not as big as the High School. Yeah-yeah picked up her skateboard and hesitantly walked to the front doors.

As on goers passed her a few gave her glares. She pushed her hair back and walked into the school with confidence. She strutted in the school, something she picked up from her sister.