Chapter 7

Okay so now we have new characters and they will come as we get more developed into the story! I'm keeping real/easy names so it's not hard for people to remember!

Priya: She is their neighbor and she is going to start 9th grade at the same school. She is a hardcore avneetian and Siddharthian, and she also wrote a book on Wattpad about India to America 😉😂

This is Disha, one of Priya best friends. Also she is super sassy! She is going to 9th grade at the same school, so this should be fun! 😂

This is Rani, another one of Priya best friends. She moved so she isn't going to the same school as her but they have a lot of similarities. Also, she is a HUGE JAIJEETIAN. Oh and she is makeup obsessed 😂.

Another character is Helee, she is another friend and she does clubs with Priya. They all are really close friends.
Some other girls and guys will come up but let's start slow...
------------------------
Avneet's POV:
Wow honestly it was beautiful from the inside. Plus the neighborhood looked nice! When we were going in I saw one house have a little baby swing and the baby was just adorable! Another house, seemed like a couple doing gardening. I saw one house bring out two cute little puppies, they came up to me and I got to pet them! I looked over to the other side and I saw a few people outside, they seemed Indian. I went back into the house thinking it'll be nice to have friendly people around the neighborhood! A few minutes later, we heard a knock at the door. I opened the door and it was the couple that was gardening.
Avi: Hi.
Wife: Hi there, I'm Michelle nice to meet you. This is my husband Thomas.
Thomas: Hello.
Avi: Nice to meet you! I'm Avneet but you can call me Avi.
Michelle: Oh that's such a beautiful name! Just like you!

Oh my god, they are just so sweet! They came to introduce themselves, I invited them in.

Sonia: Hello! I'm Sonia, her mother. Nice to meet you!
Michelle: Hi, I'm Michelle and this is my husband Thomas. We just came by to introduce ourselves. Sonia that's a beautiful name, are you indian?
Sonia: Haha yes why?
Michelle: A member of this community who moved away, her name was Sonia also! We have another Indian family living here at the end of the corner next to my house. They are very sweet, they have two kids. One son and one daughter.
Sonia: Oh why that's nice. We must meet them then!

They all just kept talking and talking. It seemed like it wouldn't stop. Finally, they went home and I started to unpack. Before they left they said, "Happy 4th of July". I knew that it was some sort of holiday here but I couldn't remember what... so I stuck with packing.

Approximately at 8pm, we all decided to watch a movie. Sidd was turning on a movie on Netflix and we were all sitting there, when all of a sudden we heard a loud noise BOOM 💥
I THOUGHT IT WAS A BOMB! I ducked down quickly, so did the rest of the family... except Jai...

Jai's POV:
When we heard that sound, I swear everyone thought it was a bomb! 😂
I couldn't stop laughing, it was hilarious!

Avi: Jai stop laughing like a maniac... what was that?
Jai: Today is 4th of July! Their Independence Day, they are probably outside doing fireworks!

We all went outside to check and we were correct!

Avneet's POV:
That little brat couldn't have told me before?! 😂 we went outside to check and it was beautiful. It wasn't crowded so you could enjoy the fireworks. It was dark though, so I couldn't really see the people. There were fireworks in the sky, I couldn't catch the perfect moment in the picture...

I walked closer and I saw a family doing fireworks near their house, it was so pretty so I got a little closer

I walked closer and I saw a family doing fireworks near their house, it was so pretty so I got a little closer. Just then someone saw me, and she waved over and told us to come join them. We went over and our parents talked to each other. The girl that waved, we couldn't see each other's faces properly but the fireworks were beautiful!

Girl: Hey! You must have just moved right? Avi: Yeah, literally just came like 4 hours ago 😂Girl: You seem to have a Indian accent

Avi: Yeah, literally just came like 4 hours ago 😂
Girl: You seem to have a Indian accent... just moved?
Avi: Yeah haha, are you indian?
Girl: Well I was born here but my whole family is from India.
Avi: Oh that's cool!
Girl: Oh, I'm Priya btw.
Avi: I'm Avi, nice to meet you.
Priya: Nice to meet you too! So what grade are you going to be in?
Avi: 12th
Priya: At Franklin High?
Avi: Yess.
Priya: Oh wow that's cool! Im gonna be in 9th.
Avi: Nice, my brother and best friend are gonna be in 9th as well!
Priya: That's cool. Here take my number just in case you need anything, I know school doesn't start until September but still. Neighbors help each other out!
Avi: Okay great, just texted you.
Priya: Perfect!

And with that I left to go home. She seemed really friendly, and we have each other's numbers. But I still don't know what she looks like. I can only recognize her by her voice.
Before I went to sleep, I remembered what she said... "school doesn't start until September"... WHAT?!?

Priya POV:
Wow that girl was sweet. I didn't see her face clearly but I have her number.. to be honest, her voice sounded familiar. She said her name was Avi... is that a nickname for something? I really wanna figure this out... but how?

Okay I feel like this chapter went way too long so let me stop right here 😂
Peace out!! Lmk what you thought in the comments ❤️