Chapter 30 - The Peaceful

Start from the beginning

     "Loek! Stop cheating!" Axel cried out while Joshi and his go-kart went flying of the track and straight into a lake of lava, yet again.

"I'm not cheating, how is this cheating!?" Loek called out, acting hurt. "I'm just using what the game is giving me."

"How can you always get blue shields?" Axel grumbled while he waited for his kart to get back on track.

"Because he's always in the last place," Calix laughed, while he finished first, right before Jesse followed, finishing second.

"Not anymore," Loek nodded towards the screen, where he just overtook Axel.

"Stop targeting me! Calix and Jesse keep winning."

"I'm not gonna target the guy I'm dating, and I'm not gonna target the guy who's house this is either. What if he kicks me out?" Loek laughed when Axel pushed him of the bed.

"You guys can be so childish sometimes," Yoni waved a hand in their direction. "Donna and I will show you guys how it's done."

"Exactly," Donna said, taking Jesse's controller from him, while Yoni took Calix controller. They kept switching so everyone could play, and they agreed that the winners had to hand over the controllers.

Which meant Loek and Axel were continuously playing, and the girls, Calix and Jesse switched controls ever other race.

Jesse knew Loek wasn't really a gamer. Mees was all about games and every Mario game that was ever made. Loek, on the other hand, rather read a book, or went out with his spray cans.

What was surprising, was that Axel really sucked at Mario Kart. As a frequent—high-level—gamer on his computer, Jesse always felt surprised when he found Axel struggling with a controller again. If they'd allow him to use his keyboard, they'd all lose big time. But that wouldn't be any fun.

Jesse didn't really care about gaming that much. He just liked spending time with his closest friends. And the fact Loek was already accepted into their little group a week after they started dating, made his heart swell.

He had the best friends a guy could wish for, and in that moment, watching Donna, Yoni, Loek and Axel racing with Calix cheering for Loek, he wondered why he had ever lied to them about anything in his life.

He had no idea why he had been afraid to tell them about Felipe, or his sexuality, or anything.

But in that moment, he regretted it. On that day, in that moment, he felt happy and content with his life. If he would've confessed things months ago, this could've possibly been his life for way longer already.

"Ooh, Look at Loek! He's on fire," Calix called out, nudging Jesse. "You're zoning out dude. You're missing all the action."

Jesse noticed Yoni was carried back onto the track, while she was button-bashing impatiently until her go-kart was ready to go again.

"Oh, Loek, I'm so going to take revenge," Yoni told him, waving a warning finger.

"Come and get me," Loek laughed, steering his kart around a banana on the road, right before firing a green shield towards Donna while she was close by. And while she was spinning on the road, he overtook her and started his last lap in the first place.

"Say, Jesse?" Calix leaned closer, while all four players where now calling out and yelling. "I'm proud of you, for accepting your feelings for Loek, and allow him into your life."

"Thanks, I guess?"

"I can tell he makes you happy. The way you smile whenever you look at him..." Calix nodded as if he was impressed. "Don't fuck it up, okay?"

Jesse laughed, shaking his head in the same time. "No, I'm not going to fuck this up. Not on purpose, anyway."

"Good, because even though I thought you and Yoni were meant to be together, I can now see I was so wrong."

"Well, I still love Yoni, just platonically."

"Right back at you, Jesse," Yoni interfered, ruffling up his hair. "Now, while the rest is going to play some more Mario Kart, I'm going to dye your hair."

"Finally," Jesse smirked. "What colour is it going to be?"

"Blue again, because Loek thought you looked even better with blue hair."

"And how can I say no to Loek?"

"You can't, Jesse. You can't." Loek laughed and leaned in to kiss him on the lips. "because you can't resist me."

Author's note: 

Author's note: 

I started a new book, Emotional Quotient! It's my Camp NaNo book for July (like DYSMN? was my Camp NaNo book for April)

Emotional Quotient will be a bit different from what you guys are used to read on my page. It's in an alternate universe. It's still LGBTQ+, it's still boyxboy, it's just a bit sci-fy-ish xD

But please come over and support me, and help me reach my Camp NaNo wordcount goal (25k words in 1 month :O)

Hope to see you there too!

Love, June