Chapter 21

Y'all got it all wrong lmao. Adding Hoshi doesn't give Endeavor a free pass. He'll still pay for his crimes, he'll just do it outside of jail while having his gay awakening and realizing he's a shit father, and taking up baking.

Third person pov

"Why hasn't Dabi contacted us yet?!" Shigaraki scratched at his neck furiously, impatience burning in his crimson eyes. It had been weeks, and Dabi hadn't even tried to contact them with information on UA. Had he truly betrayed them? The others seemed to think so, but he'd been so willing at the summer camp. He didn't seem like the type to be intimidated into starting arson. If he didn't want to do something, Shigaraki was sure he was the type to simply not do it, no matter what anyone said.

Dabi wasn't an idiot. He was a valuable with asset, and they needed everyone they could get. They'd lost a lot of people at the attack on the summer camp, and now Sensei was gone. He'd passed on his wishes to Shigaraki, and the man was determined to carry them out to the very best of his ability. No matter what annoyances he had to deal with. Dabi could cremate people with his quirk. That was the kind of raw power they'd be needing if they wanted to bring down the heroes. Sensei had taken care of All Might. Now, it was Shigaraki's clean up the rest.

"UA is still on high guard. We wouldn't want him to risk getting us caught just to tell us what we already know." Kurogiri honestly was pretty sure Dabi wasn't with the League any longer. The warp-gate user couldn't very well blame the man. He hadn't wanted to join the first place, and he wasn't a believer in trying to force someone to do something they didn't want to. If villains wished to seek refuge within the League and aid them in reaching their goals, that was quite alright. But trying to make someone... 

"Still. He's turning into a useless pawn." Shigaraki stopped his scratching abruptly, his hands curling into hard fists. Kurogiri watched with keen eyes, hoping he wouldn't disintegrate the counter again. He was running out of ramen to fix it with. "...What would sensei do if he were here?"

"He'd wait." Kurogiri chimed. Shigaraki's sharp gaze flitted to him, but it luckily wasn't hostile. Kurogiri had to means to combat any attacks the man might make out of irritation, anyway. He'd still greatly prefer not to. "Sensei was a patient man. Do him proud, Tomura Shigaraki." 

Shigaraki was silent for a long moment, evidently considering his words. Kurogiri continued polishing the same glass he had been for the last five minutes, dreading having to make dinner. Half of Twice was terribly picky, and trying to feed Toga was like trying to feed a toddler. Spinner was fairly easy, and would eat just about anything without complaint. Tomura himself was a bit of a challenge, but Kurogiri had been taking care of him long enough to have his meal preferences down to a pat.

"Fine." Shigaraki straightened in his chair, his tone petulant. "We'll wait. But in the meantime... what do we have on Chisaki Kai?" 

Kurogiri's glowing eyes curved as he smiled. 

~~~~~~~~~~
All Might was... worried about returning to UA. His fight against All For One had nearly killed him. Though he'd been able to go from house to house with Aizawa to convince parents that dorms were the way to go, he'd quickly had to go back to the hospital to complete a series of surgeries to help repair his struggling organs. His heart had been severely weakened by the grievous battle. Risking coming back to school to try and teach wasn't something he would dare do. He'd promised Young Midoriya, the boy he'd come to see as more than just a successor, that he'd live. So he'd done everything in his power to do so.

He had some bandages still, and his arm would be in a sling for a while, but he was here. His green-haired almost-son-but-unfortunately-not-quite-his-son had been texting him updates. At first Toshinori had been sure he was joking. Dabi, the same one from the summer camp, had shown up with his soulmate, was gay, Todoroki's brother, and really liked cats? And apparently had hadn't meant to set the forest on fire and attack the students, and it was all just one huge misunderstanding. After a few days of updates on Dabi and Takashi, Toshinori had been fully prepared to call bullshit.