Down on Skid Row

(A/N So, I know this story won't get many reads due to the fact that it is about a cult classic movie/musical, but I did think that there wasn't enough Seymour love, and for someone with a lot of love for him, I decided to write more).

Y/n POV

I  fold my apron and pull my hair down out of its tied up state. The work was tough and unpleasant for any girl that was decently pretty, but any job at all was difficult to come by on Skid Row. I was just relieved to be done with my shift.

I wave goodbye to my manager Johnathon and slip out the back. Crystal, Chiffon and Ronette call me over as soon as they see me. As usual they're lounging around the flower shop. I lean against the wall beside them.

"Tough first day?" Ronette asks handing me a magazine.

"Genuine hell." I respond with a sigh.

"Was it the actual work, or the people?" asks Chiffon.

I open the magazine and look up at her, "Honestly, it's just the men."

"The men of Skid Row are all the same, ain't them?" Crystal says, shaking her head.

"Not all of them." Ronette says, raising her eyebrows.

"I'd like to meet the different one." I say with a laugh.

"Well he's right in there." Ronette says jerking her head towards the door of the flower shop.

"What, Mr. Mushnik? I thought he was an old guy." I say confused.

"No ditz, the fella that works for him. His name is Seymour Krelborn." Chiffon says with a laugh.

"Yeah, but he's a meek little guy." Crystal says.

I glance through the window of the flower shop. A pretty blonde girl was arguing with a round older guy as a shorter man with curly hair was scrambling to pick up a couple of smashed flower pots that had been dropped.

"Meek is better than rough." Ronette argues.

I glance quickly at my purse... I had 8$ in tips from my shift.

"I think I need a fern to add some life to my apartment." I say quietly.

"Oh sure, the fern is what you're looking for." Laughs Crystal.

Chiffon nudges her with her shoulder.

"Go get 'em tiger." Chiffon giggles.

I roll my eyes and wave the girls off as I head to the shop.

The door creaks open and a bell jingles. The people inside look shocked to see me.

"Hiya, I'm Audrey! What can I do for ya?" the blonde asks, smiling.

"I was looking for something to add a bit of life to my apartment."  I respond.

"Well what about some flowers?" the rounder man, whom I'm assuming is Mr. Mushnik, says excitedly.

I feel they must not get many customers with the excitement they are clearly filled with.

"I was looking for something more long term..." I say scanning the walls of the shop around me.

"Well, Seymour Krelborn, has some really cool longer lasting plants around back, I'll bet he-" Audrey starts to say, but the older man cuts her off.

"Actually, something a bit different would be really nice." I say with a smile.

Mr. Mushnik looks a little taken aback.

"Oh but I only have 8$, and for something exotic, I doubt that would cut it." I realize, my smile falling.