Chapter 31 (Aaliyah's POV)

Start from the beginning

"I can tell you love being a Physical Therapist, Dr.Daniels. You're truly an inspiration to other young women, including myself and I've enjoyed interviewing you."

"I've enjoyed your interview. Surprisingly." I smiled.

"One last question."

"Shoot."

"Are you and Damien Arden an item?"

"We're engaged. How's that for an item?" I smirked.

She squealed I'm excitement. I laughed.

"I knew it!!!! I sooooo knew it!!!!"

"Is that going to be in your story too?" I laughed.

"No! No! I was just curious. I'd heard a few rumors here and there that the bachelor was off the market but I wasn't sure. Then you two arrived here together and then he's been watching you like a hawk this entire interview."

I glance at him and sure enough he was watching us.

"He's protective of me."

"And you of him. I'm sure."

"Definitely." I glanced at him again.

"Well, congratulations. I hope you'll let me cover your wedding, I truly have enjoyed talking to you and not just because it was my job."

"How about you give me your contact information and I'll give you a ring when the time comes? By the way, what is your name?"

"Jenna. Jenna Duncan." She scribbled her information down on a napkin and handed it to me.

"Nice to meet you, Jenna. You'll be hearing for me soon." I stood and she did the same as I held out my hand for her to shake.

"You've made my night, Dr.Daniels." She shook my hand.

"Call me, Aaliyah."

"Aaliyah." She grinned.

"Have a good night, Jenna." I giggled as I made my way over to Damien.

"Well, you look like you made a new friend or fan?" He chuckled.

"Maybe." I smirked.

"Come dance with me."

Nice 'N' Easy by Natalie cole played softly as me and Damien danced. I was always a Natalie Cole fan.

"Let's take it nice and easy
It's gonna be so easy
For us to fall in love" I sang along.
Hey baby whats your hurry
Relax and don't you worry
We're gonna fall in love
We're on the road to romance - that's safe to say
But let's make all the stops along the way
The problem now of course is
To simply hold your horses
To rush would be a crime
'Cause nice and easy does it every time

Damien spun me out and a did a light skip back to him and began to dance around his built frame as we neared the ending of the song.

I smiled at him as he smirked grabbing my waist pulling me back to him as the song ended.

"Giving a show huh, Micio..." he kissed my hair.

"Me? Noooooo...." I smiled.

"Excuse me, Everyone! If you all could please quiet down and have a seat." The MC talked through the microphone on stage.

Everyone including Damien and I made our way to a table.

"We're going to begin the award ceremony. The categories are Most influential Woman and Man, the Humanitarian Award, and the Most Successful Business Endeavors of the Year. Everyone presented an award make sure to keep your speech to a maximum of 2 minutes."