Chapter 31 (Aaliyah's POV)

Start from the beginning

The colors scheme was gold and silver. The tables were covered in gold table cloths, with silver utensils, and the center pieces were chocolate diamonds in a 7 x 4 vase.

The bar was over on the left and the stage was on the front wall in the center. Then in the middle of all the tables was the dance floor.

All in All, I wasn't impressed so far as decorations. I wasn't exactly impressed with the people either. Most dressed too over the top or too bland.

"Aaliyah Daniels!!"  A woman came rushing up to me. In an instant I had lifted my dress slightly, aiming to grab the beretta in my thigh holster but Damien caught my arm before I could grasp it.

"She's a reporter, Micio." Damien chuckled.

"Oh." I dropped the hem of my dress and put my foot back in the ground. I smoothed over my dress as she was finally standing in front of me.

"Dr.Daniels, I'm a reporter for Vixen Magazine. And I wanted to do an article on you since your in the top 7 most influential women." She started quickly. She was a short, petite, light skinned young woman; possibly a little younger than myself.

"Umm, sure, I guess." I pressed my lips together. I didn't like interviews. I didn't care to be in the spotlight at all.

"I'll leave you two to it. I'm going over to the bar."

"Wait. Stay." I grabbed his tricep.

"Micio, I promise I'll be in your line of vision at all times, as you will be in mine."

"Okay." I swallowed hard. Without him around I was afraid my temper would get the best of me. But I guess you have to face your fears sometime right?

He kissed my cheek and then headed to the bar.

"Dr.Daniels, you've been out of the spot light for quite sometime now and well how do you fare living the quiet life?"

"I rather enjoy it actually. I've never been one for attention which is why I try to stay out of the media." I turned my head towards the bar and locked eyes with Damien. I would never understand why he encouraged this type of stuff. He knew I hated attention.  I turned my head back to the young reporter waiting for her next question.

"That's quite hard isn't it? Considering you've worked with over a dozen injured athletes claiming that you were the miracle they needed?"

"I mean realistically no. Because even though they tell this story of me working Miracles, the spotlight remains on them and their comeback. The only thing I received was more clientele. Which was fine with me."

"Do you ever intend on going back to being a on call Physical Therapist for the NBA?"

"To be honest, I don't see that in the near future but things change and in time I might change my mind." I stated thoughtfully.

"What about Modeling endeavors?"

"Well, what about them?" I furrowed my brow.

"Do you intend on taking any Modeling jobs? From what I've heard you've had a lot of major Modeling companies gunning for you but you've turned them all down..."

"Modeling is definitely an option for me right now but do I plan on taking on any major modeling gigs, no."

"You are the highest paid Physical Therapist in the world. How do you feel about that."

"Being a Physical Therapist was a life long dream of mine, so, the job was never really a job for me. It's more of a passion. Being able to do what others can't because of the love I have for what I do. I was never in it for the pay check, I was in it for my athletes. Every single one of them can tell you I wasn't just their Physical Therapist, I was their cheerleader. I lead them to believe they could do what nobody else thought they would be able to; which was make a come back. And they came back with vengeance. But I can say when you do the work, when you do the research, when you put your mind to it, you can do anything in the world."