Love

It was late at night and the students were called down to the great hall. They call took their places and waiting patiently for something to happen.

Headmaster Dippet made his way up to the podium."Students, professors. I know that you all are wondering why I have called you here, at this hour. The culprit for the latest attacks has been caught. "

The hall erupted into whispers and gasps. Katherine glanced and Tom who was staring at her. She looked away.

Headmaster began again " the culprit for these attacks was Rubereus Hagrid. Matters are being dealt with, classes will resume to normal times. Goodnight" he finished.

Katherine glanced up at Tom again, a smirk plastered on his lips. Students started to leave and Katherine was the first one out. She speed walked down the hallways.

" are you okay?" Asked a voice. Katherine turned around, it was Abraxas.

" fine" she whispered, not slowing down.

He grabbed one of her shoulders which made her stop. " you don't look okay. I don't blame you, it's been a tough couple weeks." He said.

Katherine nodded and looked up at him. She noticed that there was someone else standing in the hallway, it was Tom.

What's he doing here?

" c'mon, I wanna show you something. It'll help get your mind off things." Abraxas said smiling.

Katherine looked away from Tom. " alright" she replied and followed Abraxas.

***

Tom stood there and watched them leave. Why did it bother him so much?was he jealous? He followed them to a classroom.

***

Abraxas lead Katherine to a classroom. " what are we doing here?" She asked.

"You'll see." He said and opened the door.

The entire room was glowing. Gold coloured sparks slowly flew down to the Floor. Gold glowing butterflies flew across the room. It was magical.

Katherine walked in, sinking in the entire scenery.

She stared in awe and Abraxas watched the gleam in her eyes.

" did you do this?" She asked smiling.

Abraxas nodded. " I noticed that you haven't been happy the past weeks. I wanted to see you happy again. Your happiness makes me happy." He said, blushing.

Katherine hugged him. " this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you so much." She said, hugging him tighter.

He wrapped his arms around her. " I'm glad you like it." He whispered into her ear.

" I love it" Katherine said laughing. It was the first time in a long time that she actually felt joy.

They were still hugging. " I wanted to ask you something." Abraxas started.

"What's that?" She asked

He started again " I wanted to know if you'd"

The lights in the room went off.

***

Tom watched as Malfoy opened the door for Katherine. The room was filled with sparks and golden butterflies. It was such a simple and boring spell, yet it made Katherine happy. Tom watched her laugh and smile. It was the first time that he had seen her truly happy. He loved her smile, it brought warmth to his ice cold body. All that he had did was cause her pain and sadness. Tom watched as Katherine hugged Malfoy. This angered him, he wanted to torture Malfoy right then and there.

At that moment right there was when he realized, that he did feel something for Katherine. He felt something that he thought he could never be able to feel. Something that he has never felt before. He felt love. He loved Katherine. In only a couple weeks, he had been falling for her without knowing it. He had been falling for her beauty, her smile, her smarts, her kindness, her personality and the fact that she was not scared to tell the truth. Tom Riddle was deeply in love with Katherine Sloan.

A smile made its way to his face but quickly disappeared when he heard Malfoy. He was about to tell her how he felt. Not on Tom's watch he wasnt. Tom used a spell to make the lights go out in the room.

" you two, bed now!" Tom demanded.

They slowly made their way out of the class room. A disappointed look on Malfoy's face. Tom grabbed Katherine by the arm and held her back.

"What do you want?" She asked, annoyed.

" I want to talk to you." He answered.

" then talk" she replied. She would look him in the eyes.

Tom pulled her into the same classroom and grabbed her by the arms.

" T-Tom what are you doing?" She asked.

" do you fancy Malfoy?" Tom said in a deadly voice.

"W-what?"

"Do you fancy Malfoy" Tom repeated staring into her eyes.

"No." She replied.

"I could treat you much better Katherine." Tom said

Katherine looked confused. " Tom, what are you talking about?"

He squeezed her arms harder. " I am much more powerful, I won't let anyone ever hurt you."

Katherine winced. "Tom, you're hurting me."

He released his grip. He was having a hard time getting his words out. He wanted to tell her how he felt but didn't know how too. They just stood there in silence, until Katherine started to walk away. Tom grabbed her by the arm again and poured his heart out.

" you make me happy, you bring me warmth. I never thought a cold heart like mine would find someone like you. I'm sorry for what I did in the common room, I don't know how to control my anger. I've felt nothing but anger my whole life, it was the only thing I had to hold on too. But you Katherine made me feel. When you showed me kindness even when I tortured you, i felt something, I felt cared for. I love you Katherine." He paused and stared and Katherine's shocked self. " I know you don't feel the same way but I wanted you to know." He finished and walked off.

***

Katherine stood there, unable to speak or to move. She watched him walk off.

He loved her? It was true Katherine felt something for Tom too but she didnt know what it was yet.

He was monster that killed someone.

But he was also a boy who grew up unloved and unwanted.

Katherine was one of the VERY few people that felt sympathy for Tom.

But did she love him? Maybe she did.

He reminds her of herself, so much. She doesn't blame him for wanting power or immortality, he grew up alone, bullied everyday. When Katherine told him about finding that one person, it was because she felt something for him. She wanted to Carr for him, make him feels loved and cared for. And now he does, which makes her soo happy.

She just realized what was happening. Katherine had fallen for Tom without even knowing what was happening.

Katherine Sloan was in love with Tom Riddle.