4- temptations and touching

When we arrived at Red Door, the music was blaring. Strobe lights flashed and the stench of liquor was so overpowering.

"This is packed!" I yelled over the music.

"BOOTH!" Jared yelled as he ran over to a lone booth in the corner. I followed quickly behind him. Nora went off to go get drinks.

I slid in next to Jared who was smiling, "Hey what's wrong?"

"Oh nothing. I am just nervous to be out. Usually I look myself in my room. This is all so," I waved to the craziness laid out before me. He took my hand, "Let yourself have fun, forget about Cam."

I made a small smile.

Nora returned to the table holding a tray full of 12 shots, "Okay, I bought 12. Here's four for you." She sat four in front of him. And then four in front of me.

We each put a shot in the sky, "Cheers!"

I looked over at Jared as he drained each glass. His jawline was just, ugh. And his eyes and that smile. NO, NO, NO. Tessa do not do this. But he is REALLY hot. He looked at me, and then smiled, "What?"

I returned the smile and blushed as I drained a shot.

. . . . . .

The Next Morning...

I groaned as the light hit my eyes, I slowly opened my eyes and felt the soft silk grey sheets. It smelt like Hollister cologne. Wait, these aren't my sheets. I heard light snoring.  I looked over at the person next to me and screamed.

"AHH!" I fell off the bed.

"AHH!" Jared yelled back as he stood up, he was wearing only navy blue boxers. I stood up, I was only wearing a my undergarments and a giant black teeshirt.

"Did we?" I yelled.

"Don't yell. Jesus!" Jared held his head, "And no. I brought you back after you got trashed at the club. I offered to sleep on the couch and you got handsy. So to stop you from trying to do something you'd regret, I told you I would sleep next to you."

I sighed, "Oh." I let my mind relax. "Wait, what time is it?" I asked.

He threw on a pair of shorts and looked at his alarm clock. "Uh, it's 9:30."

My eyes widened, "Shit, I am late for class. Do you have those clothes I left here?" He nodded and opened a drawer in his dresser. He threw me my white jeans, Bambi tee-shirt, and my white beanie.

"Your makeup is in the bathroom." He said.

I left clothes and makeup here because last month, my landlord decided to show up, unannounced and revamp the place. So I was going to be homeless for a week or two. Jared offered me to live with him.

I didn't have time to shower so I washed my face and began applying mascara. I used some concealer to hide the bags under my eyes.

I walked out of the bathroom, Jared was in bed, looking on his phone. I grabbed the hem of his teeshirt and threw it on the ground.

"Whatcha doing?" I looked over at Jared who was starring at me.

"Getting dressed. Oh sorry, I'll go change in the bathroom." I grabbed my clothes. "No, no, please. I'm actually enjoying the show." He chuckled.

"Oh shove it." I pulled on my jeans, then the shirt. "Wait, how bad was I last night?"

"Bad. You kept stripping. Not that I am complaining but you almost took off everything until I made a deal with you. Which by the way, drunken you, is very very hard to negotiate with."

"What was the deal?" I asked as I looked in the mirror and adjusted the beanie on my head.

"I would strip down to my underwear and sleep in the bed with you." I heard the bed move as he stood up. I turned around, "I am so sorry. I'll make it up to you."

"Don't worry. You would have done the same for me." He shrugged. His tan stomach flexed. "Wait, aren't you coming?" I asked.

"Nope, rocking a P.D."

I shot him a confused look as I picked up my bag from the floor. "Personal Day." he clarified.

"Well, have fun. I'll see you after?" He nodded, "Have a good day. Actually learn something, stupid."

"Tess." My teacher said after class. "Yes, Mrs. Kyles?"

"I hope you brought your paintings, the show is tomorrow after all."

"Oh yes. I ran home at lunch to get them, I put them over in the corner. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all." I walked over to the back and grabbed them.

I laid them on her tables. I watched as her face began to register them both. First came confusion. Then, chin tapping. Third, a hint of disgust. And finally-

"I love it!" She clapped her hands together. "You do?"

"Oh yes, Tess, these are marvelous. Both very dark yet intriguing. Lots of emotions going on. I cannot wait for the whole world to see them!" I smiled as a wave of relief came over me.