Chi was angry and wanted to fight for than ever. Apparently that was their plan.

The dinosaur's cage rumbled and both Chi and the utahraptor's cage moved up as a hatch above them slowly opened, pouring in sunlight.

Chi pressed to the floor as she looked around. Countless humans were cheering and yelling and mumbling as she stood in a massive arena. Sand covered the ground and large walls preventing any dinosaur's escape.

Her cage opened and Chi stepped out, staring at all the other life forms. There was so much of them. Chi didn't think there were that many in the world. But she was proved wrong.

Her cage went down slowly, and Chi jumped up, hissing as she watched the hatch close over her moving cage and disappeared.

There was a clank behind her and she whipped around to see the utahraptor's cage open and he didn't even wait for it to close but charged forward to her, his claws extended, reaching for her.

Chi yelped and bolted to the side then leaped, biting the back of the creature's neck before letting go. It was strong and large.

She fell to the sandy ground and the utahraptor jumped forward, seizing her throat in his jaws and shook her violently and threw her to the side.

Chi gasped and struggled to her feet. Why were the humans trying to kill her? The utahraptor charged at her and at the right moment, she lunged upwards, biting the dinosaur's thick neck, more shouts from humans exploded from anger and happiness. Blood filled her throat and she felt it's claws scrape at her, digging it's filthy claws into her shoulder, neck and side.

Chi fastened her grip around its throat and it let out a wail of agony, throwing back his head. She ripped off a patch of feathers and they both collapsed to the ground, both bleeding heavily.

The large raptor coughed, blood pouring from his feathered throat.

Chi tried to get up several times but her wounds didn't agree with her. Neither did the utahraptor's.

"I'm going to die!" He coughed.

Chi looked at him confused. "You speak my language?"

"Me speak utahraptor." He hissed.

"That's why you talk funny?" Chi rumbled angrily.

"Me no talk funny. Velociraptor talk funny." He growled back.

"Why are they making us fight." Chi heaved.

"We fight because, humans want one of us to win."

"Why?" Chi asked again

"Pleasure."

Chi blinked.

"Now me have to kill velociraptor now."

"We don't have to fight."

"Yes we do." He nodded.

Chi sighed fearfully as he rose to his claws, blocking the sun then fell back down with a loud roar of pain.

"We both are hurt." Chi explained.

"Me hurt more than velociraptor."

"You don't know that." She growled, wincing.

"Sorry, but me has to kill you now. Then they award me with food." He lumbered up once more then the crowd cheered. Then the utahraptor let out a roar and collapsed to the ground, his nostrils flared while unconscious.

Many unfamiliar sounds from the crowd rose in the air that sounded like a long series of "boo".

Many humans came out from a secured side of the arena and worked on the utahraptor. More came and struggled to lift Chi as the audience evacuated.

...

When Chi woke up, she felt a soft stroke on her muzzle. She growled, opening her eyes to see Mark.

His eyes were filled with concern and anger. The anger was for her.

"It's going to be ok, Tango."

Chi growled then rested her head down. As on that day, she finally accepted her name was now.

I bet you've heard a million times that the raptors in JW are too smart,  and too big

I bet you've heard a million times that the raptors in JW are too smart,  and too big. Well you're right. I did research and velociraptors are actually the size of large turkeys.

In the movie, Dr Henry Wu said that the velociraptors weren't realistic and I suppose that explains why they were so screwed up and so inaccurate.

Anyway, there is a similar raptor to the velociraptors in JW and JP. It's called the utahraptor. (My new favorite dinosaur.)

Utahraptor

Utahraptor

Also, Tango and Utah are in a fight-to-the-death challenge and Tango was off limits but they used her.

And keep in mind that they were about the same height in this book.