A couple of the Konawaena girls were snickering, like Kehau had done it on purpose. And if she did, then that would be fucked up and Brittany wasn't going to have any of that. Santana walked it off and ran over to first base, with the crowd clapping. Brittany glanced over at her hoping that their eyes would meet but Santana was still rubbing her side.

By the time the inning was over, Honoka'a was up 4-0. They took the field and Rachel put in a couple warm up pitches before the first Konawaena player stepped into the batters box. Rachel struck her out with the first three pitches and the Konawaena crowd was quiet.

As the sixth inning came to a close, Honoka'a was leading 9-7. They didn't get any runs in the top of the seventh, which left the score what it was. All they needed to do was hold them off and they'd have it in the bag.

There were two outs and the bases were loaded. Rachel was ahead in the count quickly, pulling off 0-2. The next pitch was a low strike and the girl swung and the ball came bouncing hard up the center of the field. Brittany ran forward, knowing that the infielders wouldn't bet able to get it.

As the ball got closer, Brittany put her glove out. It hit a knick in the ground and bounced to the right of her and got by. Brittany turned and bolted for it. The ball was traveling fast and she knew that if she didn't get to it in time, then all three runners that were on base would score and they'd lose.

The crowd was going crazy, which only made Brittany's adrenaline pump even more. She finally got to the ball and grabbed it and threw it in to Wehi. But by the time she got the ball, the runners had come home and the batter was on third.

The game was over, and they had lost by one. Brittany was taking it the hardest, being that it was because she missed the grounder that brought three runs home. The team kept trying to reassure her that it wasn't her fault but she couldn't shake the feeling. They were walking towards the van when Rachel ran up to Brittany and walked along side of her.

"Britt come on, don't even worry about it." Rachel was struggling to get her bag on her shoulder. Her ice pack was huge today, and she was trying not to have it slip off. Brittany grabbed it from her and threw it on her shoulder instead. "Thanks."

"No problem. And trust me, I'm trying to shake it okay but I can't." Brittany placed her bag on her seat in the van and threw Rachel's next to hers. "Why aren't we leaving yet again?"

"Konawaena always has a potluck after the game. Coach Sue is really good friends with their coach so we always stay because she wants to talk story with her."

It wasn't really what Brittany wanted to hear. All she wanted to go was go home and lay on her bed and sulk in her own misery. She was very upset about the way she performed during the game.

Kalei came over to where Brittany and Rachel were talking and grabbed onto both of them and started to drag them towards where the food was lined up on the tables. "I'm hungry you guys. Come on. No one wants to go up with me and I don't want to go by myself."

"You could've just asked, we'll go with you."

Brittany was looking around for Santana now, and she found her sitting with Angel and Tash. As they grabbed the first plates, everyone started to line up behind them. Once she made her plate, Brittany sat down with her friends and began to eat her food. She was feeling a little better now, and hopefully she'd be able to shake off the feeling that she had disappointed her team.

Santana was standing in line with Angel and Tash waiting to get food when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Can we talk?" It was Kehau.

"I don't know, can we?" Santana really didn't want to talk to her.

"Come on, San. Don't be like that. Please? Give me five minutes." She turned to Angel, who was giving her a disapproving look. "Five minutes. That's all I want."