Chapter Twenty-one

Start from the beginning

Arianna followed his gaze and when it landed on her belly, she placed a hand over it and smiled up at him. She was too busy reading his confused expression, when the doctor walked into the room.

"Morning Mr. Carter, How are you feeling?" The way the doctor spoke to Lucas, Arianna sensed that Lucas had been awake awhile now and frowned. Why had he let her sleep, if he woke up?

"Very well Dr. Manning. However, my wife here seems to be in shock" Lucas' deep voice made her shiver as she listened to him speak. She missed his voice, his laugh. His eyes. Hell She just missed him.

Dr. Manning chuckled from the side of the bed as he looked over his charts "that's normal. She's been here day and night waiting for you to wake up. The shock will wear off soon enough. Do you need any pain medication?"

"No sir, not right now. Thank you" Lucas said.

"Very well. If you need anything, just push the button to alert the nurses" the doctor told them and turned to leave them in peace. Once the door was shut, Lucas hauled Arianna into his arms and kissed her neck.

"I've missed you baby. Feels like I haven't touched you in forever" he murmered against her neck.

Goosebumps formed on her body and pulled away to look into his eyes "you really are awake. Oh Lucas" Arianna cried and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck.

They held each other for a few minutes until Arianna pulled back "I have to tell you something" she whispered in his ear.

Lucas immediately thought the worst "What did you do?" He asked afraid of what she would tell him.

Arianna smiled up at him "it's what we both did. LucasI'mpregnant!" she rushed out the last part and waited for him to speak.

He looked at her confused "I'm sorry baby. What was the last part? Slow it down for me baby"

Taking a deep breath to calm her heart down she smiled into his eyes "I'm pregnant"

Lucas' lit up like the fourth of July and squeezed her in his arms "I'm going to be a father again?" He questioned excitedly.

Arianna giggled and kissed him "yes honey there's a little Carter growing in my belly"

"Thank you Arianna. Thank you so much" tears ran down his face as he placed his hand against her belly.

Arianna still wondered how all this time, neither of them noticed but With everything that had taken place, she didn't realize all of the missed periods or the fact that her belly was getting bigger. How someone could miss such a thing was lost on them.

"How far along are you baby?" He asked suddenly.

"13 weeks and 4 days" she replied.

"How much longer until you know what we are having?"

"We can find out around 19 weeks" she answered smiling.

"Okay. Last question, Where the hell is my baby girl?" He asked sadly. When he woke up, he and hoped that Gabby and Arianna would both be there.

"I'll call Brandon, she spent the night with them last night to give my dad and Lisa the night off" Arianna told him and reached into her purse for her phone.

Dialing Brandon's number he answered on the first ring "what's wrong?" He asked franticly.

"He's awake Brandon and wants to see his baby girl"

"Be there in fifteen minutes" he said and quickly hung up the phone.

Turning to Lucas, her heart felt lighter. They were finally safe "they are on their way"