chapter 2

"Is that it? That wasn't so bad, what do you do aboout it?" Vanessa said.

"Nothing really...." Samantha replied.

"Why not?" Vanessa asked.

"Well.... if I tell the teachers the kids will just hurt me more. I can't take that, it....it's just hard." Samantha replied.

"So do you have any friends you hang out with?  Vanessa asked.

"No, not really. No-one really likes me." Samantha replied.

"Well you have me now, we can be besties." Vanessa said with a smile.

"You're really nice. I wish you were always in this school, maybe I wouldn't have felt so alone. Samantha side in a sad tone.

"Well I'm here now, aren't I? Vanessa said, trying her best to make Samantha feel happy.

"Yeah." Samantha said, feeling a little happier.

                So now Samantha made her first friend, they tell each other everything. They're always sitting together in class and at lunch. Samantha feels like she finaly has someone in her life to tell them her problems. But Samantha was wondering, "If I'm friends with her, will she also be bullied. I don't want that." Vanessa noticed that Samantha seemed worried, "What you thinking about?" "Huh? Oh it's nothing." Samantha said, trying to hide her thought.

"You're still hiding things!? C'mon, be free to tell me anything. I'm here for you always." Vanessa said, with a smile on her face.

"Okay, I'll tell you. I was thinking that, since we're friends now.... what if you get bullied just like me? I don't want you to get bullied because of me. I can't live with guilt." Samantha said.

"Don't worry about me, If you can do it, I can too. So don't worry, I'll be fine. Worry about you and you alone. No-one else, we will stand up for each other when that time comes." Vanessa said.

"Okay, you're right." Samantha replied.

              Then after lunch they went to math class. Once again the teacher asked Samantha to talk outside. Samantha went out with her.

"So did you make friends with her? It looks like it, but I'm just making sure." the teacher asked.

"Yes! We're best of friends." Samantha said.

"Okay, well that's good now you won't be looking lonely in class all day." the teacher said.

"Can I go back inisde now?" Samantha asked.

"Yes you may, let's go." the teacher said.

                She went back to her seat, then Vanessa asked what the teacher wanted. Then Samantha told her the story. "Oh, okay." Vanessa said. Then they continued with their work. After school was done, Vanessa offered to walk Samantha home. So they walked home together.

"So, do you wanna make nicknames for each other?" Vanesssa asked.

"Yeah sure. I can call you.... Nessa! Like it?" Samantha said.

"Love it! I think I'll call you...... Sammy. Like?" Vanessa asked?

"Nice!" Samantha exclaimed.

                   Then they continued to walk home. Vanessa walked Samantha straight to her home and said "I'll walk home alone." "Are you sure?" Sammy asked.