8) He gets you a drink

In some cultures, it’s normal that guys get you a drink and it’s not a big deal.

If you’re with a group of friends and he buys a round, no big deal – he doesn’t expect you to have sex with him because of it, obviously. But then again, if it’s just the two of you and he insists on paying, either he’s just a gentleman in general, or he likes you.

Look at it like this – does he buy his friends a drink?

If he does, then he might just consider you a friend too, it doesn’t mean he likes you or wants to be with you, he’s just a generous guy in general. But if he’s stingy around his friends and only pays for his own stuff, and then he buys You a drink, then he definitely likes you. Plus he’s stingy. Maybe not the kind of guy you want to be with.

Either way, a guy that’s insisting on paying for anything (if you share a cab and he doesn’t want to split the bill) or you go for a coffee break at the office and he insists “don’t worry about it, it’s on me” – those are all good signs. It’s not really a sign of showing off, “it’s just a coffee” after all, but still, the little things add up. Chivalry’s not dead.

Now, it might be that he’s just being nice – but those Frappucinos add up, and there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Does he treat other coworkers with coffee as well every time? It really depends on the venue, if you’re at a bar and he buys drinks and tries to get you drunk – that’s a sign he likes you and wants you to loosen up.